• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

oil presser light fading in and out

beans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i haven't been driving my truck at all in the past 2 years (cant get insurance on 2 vehicles that i can afford) i was starting it and running it every 2 weeks for a wile but in the past 8 months its been more like once a month due to the battery going bad and i didn't wanna spend $100 on a battery for a truck that wasn't being driven now i plan on driving that truck every day wall i work on a 5.0 swap on my newer 2000 ranger but now when i start the truck the oil light comes on and fades away as the idle gose down but when you give it throttle it fades back sometimes the oil light is so dim that you can only see it in the dark i know the obvious thing to do is check presser with a gage but i dont know anyone that has one and the auto parts stores dont even have one that i can rent i only need to use it ones i tried changing the oil but i already figured that wouldn't do anything but i wanted to do it anyways the oil was 2 years old dose anyone have any idea what this could be? i cant see the barrings or oil pump being worn out if it hasn't been driven at all but maybe thats the reason why has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals