• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

K&N Filter Setup/ Low oil Pressure

Luke2.9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I´m running a K&N Filter setup on my ´89 Ranger 2.9l. I´ve plugged the vacuum hoses on the old airbox. Since then oil pressure is lower than usual
(no exact measurements yet).

any ideas?

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
Need more info. Witch k&n setup, the actual cold air k&n system/or stock filter replacement, or are you using the good ol clamped to TB hot under hood air k&n setup? did you plug ALL the vacuum line fittings(air box, upper intake manifold)? are you using a mechanical oil pressure gauge for your oil pressure reading or are you going off the warning light? did the low oil pressure start at the same time you changed your air intake system(hint)? did you check or reset your codes after the change? and did you remember to do the hokie pokie and turn yourself about? you know that's what its all about, right? OK OK... I know a couple of these questions are irrelevant but ill give you a "HINT" witch one is...:icon_twisted:

Luke2.9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I´ll try to ask some of the questions...
I´m using a conical k&n filter clamped to the throttlebody.
I left the original airbox with the vacuum lines attached to the upper intake.
( I need to bolt back the old airbox quite often due to german emission tests) but plugged them on the airboxes side.
I use the reading of the oil pressure gauge in the dash.

The problem started after changing the air intake, when I bolt back the original airbox, oil pressure is okay.

I did not check or reset codes, since I don´t have the device for it and don´t know how it´s used

Engine vacuum is okay.

Could be relevant: There is one leaking head gasket, which is obviously leaking no matter what air intake is used.

Thanks for help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals