• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiring harness?

guardian13

Reaction score
I've been looking all over for a complete wiring harness for my 2.9 but can't find one anywhere. All I'm finding are ignition system harnesses from the module to the coil.

Previous owner farmer rigged a bunch of things under the hood -not that my electrical work would be much better home brewed lol- and I'm trying to clean this thing up.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You might also post this in the Engine Conversion(swap) forums here.

Many have swapped 4.0l or V8 into their 2.9l Ranger, they may still have the old 2.9l harness.
Not sure if year or Ranger/BII is important but I would include your vehicle info

guardian13

Reaction score
Thanks RonD.

Just if anyone is looking at this. Its a 1986 Ranger 4x4 with an FM145 trans.

nlacoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Motor side or body side. Have to look but think mine is complete and uncut

bert0427

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
same problem

I have a 86 ranger 4x4 2.9l with a A4DL transmission I ran into the same problem the best thing I found was a pick and pull junk yard. took bout a week of going into pick and pulls and looking untill I found a truck like mine that the harness was not messed with and got charged 110$ for it but my harness was solid and not spliced up ... also you might wanna get some masking tape and label all your connectors, I did and it and it made the installation much easier

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals