• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camshaft position sensor help

hiraganna

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I need some help here. I have read every article that I can find on replacing the camshaft position sensor, including the ones I have found here. I am conmfused, maybe it is because I am old. This is what I do know about my vehicle. The magnet in the sensor came loose and totally wiped out the camshaft synchronizer reluctor vane. The result of that is I have no point of reference for which direction it is facing at TDC. This also means that the tool has nothing to lock onto before removing the old synchro. I have read that the arrow on the tool should be at 75 degrees counterclockwise to centerline. Is 75 degrees where the vane should be after installation or is 75 degrees where you start the stab and end up elsewhere ? On the issue of TDC or 10 degrees after TDC. Which is correct ? If you go by the markings on the harmonic balancer, is TDC when 0 degrees is under Crankshaft sensor or when 0 degrees is aligned with the pointer on the block to the right of the crankshaft sensor. Any clarification of the issues is appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals