• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 ranger 5.0 swap

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I finally got my sensor, my original adaptor didn't work not long enough threads or straight enough for that fact, but I really over thought it so I bought a 3/8s nipple and the 14x1.5 tap I already had and came up with this, basically a heli coil, and since my hood pin isn't loading for me I'll post it again

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got the sensor in and got the wiring done, I need to toss the inner fenders in and the box on, still need to buy tires and rims, I have my eye on a couple other rangers I might go buy, just 4cyl 5 speeds for gas, I took it for the first drive, did great stayed cool but my plug for the fan switch is half ass so I need to fix it, my college professor convinced me to do a truggy build with him, so I'm saving up parts now for one tons hydro steer etc, I did order 300ft of 1.75 Dom to start on an exo cage and rock sliders in my spare time

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well decided to make sliders out of 1.5x1 square for the lack of a pipe bender right now and I need a project for school in metal shop, I bit the bullet and ordered a BMW temp switch plug, $36 dollars for a damn pig tail, none of the junkyards around me have any BMWs, I I test drove it and the fan works great when its connected to the sensor lol, it got up to 210 because it fell off and as soon ad I hooked it back up it dropped down to 180 in about 2 seconds

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well got the rear main installed, what a pain, I can't get the pen all the way off, had to lift the motor some just to get to it. Got it out and put a new one in, it's a 2 piece one, just need to put the rear main cap on, I managed to cut 2 knuckles down to the bone on the pan, but it should be good now, I hope. I managed to get all the wiring tied up and now I'm just waiting to by tires

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well got the main cap back on now just to try to get the pan gasket aligned just right while everything is still upside down

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I have to finish tightening down the oil pan, I just got all my wisdom teeth out so I have nothing better to do then work on it, I ordered my t case shifter boot, but I also bought a 99 grand am gt with 140k on it for $800 so there went my tire money,

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well got her all almost good, I have to run a wire for the ampmeter and put the inner fenders in, I need to buy tires and put on new tie rods on and an aglinement, also I need to set the timing tomorrow morning but I'm driving her to work tonight so I'll see how it does

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My sunpro temp gauge broke with only 3 hours on it, maybe, so I got a bosch electric one, works great and I couldn't find a matching sun pro, I drove it 2 times with out the temp gauge but I know it stays cool, but some one, not saying who, forgot to connect the wire for the electric fans it boiled over twice, not sure how I didn't blow a head gasket

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I forgot to put the hood pins in, so well my hood and hood hinges are ruined, anybody have any ideas how to get the hinges out from the cowl

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I bought a car so this will be trail rig, I made some rock sliders for it I just need to get them mounted, also made a snorkel just need to paint it, I plan on doing a 347/c6 swap this fall

Stangman92

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
"I plan on doing a 347/c6 swap this fall"

Can't wait to see that! :popcorn:

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I have to rebuild an engine a trans for college anyways so why not do something that will benefit me,

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got my snorkel pretty much done

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got some tires, two swampers and four grand prix's, 1 grand Prix is dry rotted but I got them all for $60, they are 36x14.5 so I'll need a "little" fender trimming, I plan to do either Dana 44 outers, or I might have a free Dana 44 out of a 77 coming my way, I gotta wait and see

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well got my tires mounted and front fenders trimmed, don't have any pics of the fenders trimmed yet

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals