• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

turn signals will not work.

fordtrucks4toys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1992 ford explorer,2 door , 4.0,automatic.
my turn signals will not work, reverse lights dont light up.

i bought all new bulbs, new fuses, new flashers,new relays. everything that plugs in to the fuse box is brandnew.i even bought a brandnew switch for the trun signals,wipers and hazard flashers. that whole assembly is brand new.

now the wipers work fine, before the wipers would run across the windshield even if it was off. so that works fine,brights work, just no turn signals.
my reverse lights thats not a prob, ill just run those off a toggle. also the rpm gauge stays a 4 on the gauge when you turn the key, doesnt work neither.
i was thinking maybe a ground,or the fuse box?? i looked all through the wires, even pulled out the dash for easier access. still cant figure it,

any help or advice would be appreciated.:beer:

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have you checked your fuses?

fordtrucks4toys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
those where the first things i changed. all new bulbs,relays,flashers, new multifunction switch (turn signal switch) .

i put up a test light to the terminals where the turn signal flasher goes, there's no power running to them, pulled the wires out of the back of the fuse box that went to the turn sig flasher, put a test ligt to it, with keys on, signal switch engaged, no power runs to it.

dont know whats wrong, but im gonna bypass the fuse panel, i was splicing wires and got the turn signals to work using a toggel switch, then i thought use the new switch i got, the one youre supposed to use. so i gotta figure out what wires to tie in to behing the turn signal switch.

if any one knows wats wrong or what it could be , any advice id appreciate before i go and start jerry rigging stuff. either way, jerry rigged itll still work the same way, no one will never know.! flasher will be in a differnt location, or ill keep it in the same spot and just run new wires.!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals