• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Eagle Eye lights?

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does anybody have the Eagle Eye 130watt (spot beam) off road lights? If so, what do you think of them? I saw them (http://www.rdmoffroad.com/eagle-eye-5-eagle-off-road-light-55w/100w/130w.aspx?variation=1831) and didn't know if they were any good or not? I need something that puts light out at a distance and KC's and all those are just too expensive right now.

Thanks for any input :icon_thumby:

PS: The ones in the link are the 5" ones, but if you have 6" ones that would be fine too.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have the big 6x9 rectangular ones, but one has a broken lens. very powerful.

poor man's off road lights:

get a pair of the 4 3/4 inch rubber housing utility lights.
at NAPA or another decent auto store, order up a pair of the 100 watt aircraft landing lights of the same size (PAR 35 or something).
swap the lights and use heavier wire and a relay.
mount 'em up and your good to go!
about $40 doing it yourself. also, you can change the beam. as the sealed beams have a about a 1 inch coil for the light, you can mount them with the light coil horizontal for a little wider beam, or vertical for a longer, narrower beam. they do really well in the rubber housing as they can take lots of vibration and pounding and not break.
i use them. good luck.

Last edited:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I think I'm going to get those Eagle Eye's. I can get them for $72 shipped, and they appear to be well made, metal at least, rather than the plastic on hella's, which I was looking at previously.

machine090767

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 Triton V8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Perfection is worth the wait
Eagle eye lights are cheaper (in price and quality) than KC's or Hella or PIAA, However, with the Last 3 brands mentioned, if breakage occurs, they have warranties (KC) or replacement parts if needed. With the eagle eye lights, if a lens breaks, or something else happens, you have to replace the entire light, or kit (depending on the model)
If your in a cash strapped situation, go with the eagle eyes. If not, get some KC's (since your looking for some long range off road lights)

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I decided to go with some KC's, so hopefully they perform well. They have 55w bulbs, should I consider upgrading bulbs?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals