• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 Roller Rockers, Heavy Duty Heads

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
Every once in awhile I read about someone asking if there are any roller rockers for the 2.9, I know there are a few people or places that have em but there not very easily found or known about. So I thought I'd throw this in the forum for future reference.
Tom Morana Has a complete package with his own 1.8.1 roller rockers, lifters, screw in studs, stud girdles, guide plates, and the option of a oil spray bar. Price... $800. They do look it!
2.9 roller rockers front.jpg
2.9 roller rockers back.jpg

He also offers a brand new heavy duty after market complete replacement head for $850. And you have the option of all his head work stages.

Tom Morana's web site= www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=38

Last edited:

jhammel85

I heard of his stuff before. I don't think I saw that it had quite so much though! That's great! I like that he's given the 2.9 some attention.

Those heads have be intrigued. If I was building a new 2.9 or had a low milage one with a cracked head, I'd be looking into those.

What are you up to with your 2.9?

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
Ya he has some really nice high end parts with matching price tags, you got to pay to play i guess. I would like to know more about those aftermarket heads, I have a pair of used world head bare castings that i want to build some day and i'm curious what the difference is.
I was just checking out some of my old Ranger bookmarks and saw he had a couple new things, so I thought i'd share them and have them archived here for future reference.

CrowRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah this is in my 2.9l book mark folder as well. i want to order lots from him, since its probably the only good place for parts like this for these old engines. but the price tag! hahaha. maybe once i pay off one of the cars.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals