• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercharger

Chris88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sup guys. Names Chris. I'm new to this site. I have a 2000 ford ranger and I am wanting to throw a supercharger on her. She's got the 3.0L EFI. WHAT all needs to be done? Any goodies or upgraded parts? Or just get the supercharger an throw it on per day?!?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Eton M90 supercharger is a popular choice.

Morana racing has adapter plate for the 3.0l: http://www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=36

3.0l was designed to make about 150HP
When you exceed the designed capacity of any engine parts will break, how much you exceed capacity decides when that part will break.
5psi boost may be safe, MAY

Chris88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Anything else I need to know? Or will that site have all I need?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ford Racing designed and sold a Whipple supercharger kit for the 3.0 for a couple of years. They are difficult to find now, but they ran 10psi with a factory Ford warranty, so you can do that much boost with no fear as long as the engine is healthy, and you have proper MAF, injector, and calibration changes.

Morana's stuff might be a decent option, but you'll need to find appropriate injectors, MAF and tuning options based on your power/boost goals. I've only seen one person buy Morana's supercharger intake, and it was a disaster, but it looks like he's changed the design since then. Maybe it's better now, but be prepared to do a lot of stuff on your own.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals