• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater not working

manger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FAZDA
Engine Size
2.3l Dual Plug
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I turn the temp dial to full heat and then select windshield defrost and the AC comes on? have not checked a fuse yet. I have had a lot of rust in the coolant and had to flush the heater core. I have had the heater working recently but leaked coolant at some junction where the heater core hoses met (intersection with a built in vacume powered valve) have not tried the blend door check yet. I'll repost after checking fuse, blend door, and heater core blockage. but why is the AC compressor engaging when heat is selcted?:icon_pepsi:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It comes on by default when you select defrost, it de-humidifies the air and makes the defrost more effective.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the rust in coolant sounds like you have a plugged heater core

manger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FAZDA
Engine Size
2.3l Dual Plug
Transmission
Manual
nope, its the plastic valve between the engine and the heater core, its sticking in the closed position. i'm gonna call it the heater core bypass valve. anyone know more about this system?

manger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FAZDA
Engine Size
2.3l Dual Plug
Transmission
Manual
its called the heater control valve and its part number FS7218495-AA. its vacume operated. How do I check to make sure there is proper vacume at the valve?

maverick1970

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
its called the heater control valve and its part number FS7218495-AA. its vacume operated. How do I check to make sure there is proper vacume at the valve?
Yeah I need to know about this too. I've been troubleshooting why my heats not working and I've discovered that the vacuum line was off. Don't know how but it wasn't connected. From the looks of the vacuum line, it looks like it melted. My guess is that it got too close to one of the heater core hoses.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
I reconnected the vacuum line and the heat is still not hot only a mild warm. My guess is that I've got a clogged heater core??? Not sure.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals