• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Guys wants to trade my bagged range for full size chevy

Broncoman1532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this guy wants to trade my 95 ranger ext cab that's bagged for his 96 crew cab that has had the bed ext 3 feet all the door handels have been shaved has a caddy front end also has been lowered

Would the trade be worth it just looking for a second opinion

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
Pics of both??

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have never been a huge fan of the caddy swap and have seen some of them done in such a way that I feel my spine snapping from an accident just by looking at it. Extending the bed also brings up some issues with frame construction to add the extra 3 feet.
And also the shave job on the doors is probably ok but I have seen countless customs that have had wiring issues with the poppers.

If it was all done right and the body work has been done right, he has easily 10 k in bodywork alone, be it his time or a shops, plus the suspension work is probably another grand. And I'm
Betting there is probably some interior work so well say its probably another grand. Plus the truck itself is probably worth 6 or so. So total value of the truck is probably right around 20k if it was all done correctly and is finished. If he is handing you a project it would be significantly less. And not to knock your ranger but I wouldn't put it close to that maybe 10 tops.

So I would be very suspicious of this trade and would look for some indication of a mechanical problem.

If its something your really interested in the trade go over it with a fine tooth comb. Check all panels, wiring, the welds on the frame, all the work that has been done to bring it to where it is now.

Broncoman1532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i will put some pics up tomorrow
my truck i would say 3k
the crew cab i would say at least 6, i know the shop that did the caddy swap and it was done right, they also did the shave and poppers, the truck needs repainted. i am not sure about the bed and the framee i will have to check it out alot more, it could be a hack job, thanks for the info
the interior was redone in brown leather witch i like but the truck is blue right now

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya i would be very cautious, unles he seriously under values his truck . did he give you a reason he was intrested or just liked the truck?

I would take a good hard mecanical look at the truck and drive it for no less then 40 miles. Let it get good and hot and check for coolant and trans temp issues. Take a good look and listen to the motor, thats a hard lesson to learn the first time. I traded an s10 for a miata that seamed clean with the typical problems like a loud lifter tick but well done none the less. got it home and tried to do some suspension work to it to get it track able and found the oil pan patched up with jb weld, so i pulled the valve cover off and found an absoulte mess so i dug a little further and pulled the motor to see what the bottom end looked like and i have no idea how it ran had 2 spun main berrings and a spun rod that was covered up by the lifter tick. luckly that was only a $2000 rebulid with performance goodies

so try not to get boned like i did be very weary and leave no stone unturned

Broncoman1532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i looked at the truck some more, it needs some body work around the shaved handels and painted, the frame turns out was done by my old boss, he owns a semi shop and he did the frame years ago, they have the invoice from the work 4 g's. the trucks does run and drive and i found out that one of my old friends had the truck at some point and it had 22.5 wheels on it. the guy wants to trade because he lost his job and cant pay for the gas, my has a 4 banger and he likes the air ride, we are gonna meet up on monday aand swap

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like a solid deal then. Good luck with the new ride!

Broncoman1532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i will have some pics of it up when i get it, the ones i have of it suck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals