• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9L in 47 chevy truck

negative1stgen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Glad to hear it. Somebody saved that poor 2.9L from a life of ridicule and shame. Probably saved you from a death by firing squad when the chebby lovers found out what you'd done.
Haha thanks man I know but its fun to be a sh!t starter I guess that comes from my roots as a Ex-AMC owner ugh. But yes that 2.9 Runs like a top and deserves to be under the hood of a blue oval.

You suck! Why y'all get all the good sheet metal over there on that coast? Now go find me a 63 Falcon 2-door Hardtop and a 68-72 F-100 long bed for about the same price.
True, but I'm stuck with the lame smog laws and greenie weirdos that wanna give a self opinionated piece of their mind about our 4x4's, diesels, and hotrods haha. Man I could find ya the 68-72 ford longbeds all day around here there. Growing up there was lots of em on the road in my neighborhood. some free, most 100-600 bucks. I almost got a rust free 48' F600 for $350 delivered to me! But my friend was short on cash and the Ranchero was rotting away so I jumped at the chance to pick it up.

-Evan

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So made any progress yet? I'll definitely be subscribing to that build, I've decided that one of these (60-65 Falcon platform) might be the future home of my mildly built (for now) 2.8L. Interested in seeing what you do to get the 2.9L in there and working cause it'd be about the same for my motor.

FYI I was only partially kidding about finding me those vehicles, I'm just not ready for them right now. I really might seek the help of you and other members living in that region to locate a couple vehicles in hopefully not too distant future. That said I think there are now three on the list. 63 Falcon 2 door hardtop, 68-72 F series (either reg cab/long bed, or crew cab/short bed haven't decided), and a 64-65 Falcon. Those latter two are for me.

negative1stgen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Small update, so far I finally got the Ranchero home and started cleaning it up got the 170-6 running. It actually runs pretty well, not too bad to drive with the ups van overdrive trans too. I've been mostly sorting out the title before I start the 2.9 swap, gotta love California for picky registration.

Other than that I should be tearing down the 2.9 soon to clean, check and install new cam, lifters, and cam bearings and whatever else appears to be not happy after 200k miles.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals