• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

replacing pop-up sunroof glass

buckin-fronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
v6
Transmission
Automatic
well, long story short i broke the glass on my b2. does anyone know if explorers shared the same part numbers? i would like to buy used but cant seem to find any b2s with sunroofs in my area.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well,
I installed one complete into my 87 from a donor Ex. I did get an extra glass from a BII and it was the same glass. Not sure about the frame though. Seems the Ex was stouter than the BIIs.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
well, long story short i broke the glass on my b2. does anyone know if explorers shared the same part numbers? i would like to buy used but cant seem to find any b2s with sunroofs in my area.
i got one...100 bux plus shipping. let me know and ill pm u some pics

ddogg1962

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Bronco II sunroof vs Explorer sunroof

Posting late just as an FYI to all....

I also broke the sunroof glass on my 85 bronco II. Found one in a 93 Explorer that looked identical. same shape and size, but the hinges are different, and the curve of the glass is different, so it didn't work. The Explorer glass is more curved while the Bronco II is flatter. The glass didn't seal down when closed.

So no... the sunroof glass is not interchangeable. You'd have to change out the whole frame.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ah,
Good to know. Thanks for letting us know what you found out. Guess it's a good thing I put the whole ex glass, mount and all in mine then. 'Course every time it drops below -40 I rather regret putting this in mine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals