• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dangerranger1983 build

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Nope, haven't touched the broken axle at all, although I started it yesterday and she fired right up. My other hobbies have really taken over but also the past couple of months it has rained so much its made it to humid to want to do anything outside. But now this week the humidity has gone down enough I am starting to get things done outside. If anything at least get the axle fixed and efi swap next year. Last few years I haven't driven it on the winter, last year because I needed to fix my track bar and I did that already. Right now work is working is 6 days a week because they bit off more then they can chew and yes they will have to eat it all, but as the plant manager said today, this week be their most productive year building trailers and the best year they will ever have...he was told that by somebody and doesn't deny that either, they wanted to much and the amount of workers we have isn't enough, they signed to have drained the population of contact help because they can't compete with other factories wages they offer. To break down what I said, last year we made 25 thousand semi trailers, year before that 20 thousand. This year so far we have made 32 thousand semi trailers and still have 5 months left in the year. They realize that they are working everybody to death and those that can leave to get better jobs while they can (temp/contract help) they have done just that. Hard to want to start at $10 an hour when other places are starting at over $13 and give more to the contract workers.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I did what I said I wouldn't do but couldn't pass up the deal. Bought a 2000 Chevy s10 for $750. Has 135k, 2.2 engine, auto trans, working a/c and heat. Mechanically it is sound and good, not using or dripping any fluids however it will need shocks and if I so like body work. The Grant only had surface rust but all the body mounts are solid and the floorboards and whatnot are great. The bed had even been rhino lined. The inside isn't trashed. Over all just needs a bit of TLC.

How I decided to get and keep it. A coworker wanted a truck but had to sell his car off first so I said I would buy it and give him a week to pay me back, $800 to be exact, but soon after I bought it another coworker he lives with told me that the cat he is buying off him isn't even paid for yet. Also the guy I bought this for can easy go through 3 vehicles a year because he drives them till they need something and doesn't want to put money into them. He runs himself into the ground and never gets ahead on anything. I couldn't stand the right of this truck having the same faith and it had what I wanted, a truck with a/c and fuel efficient. Plus it has 60k less miles then my tbird that is about to roll over to 200k miles.

Don't worry I will always have the ranger, I just need something more fuel efficiency to DD then my tbird that gets 10mpg.

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thank you. So far she drives nice, just need to get tires and shocks on her all the way around.

Sold the tbird the other day for 500 to a tbird enthusiast and so far he fixed the door hinge, have it a new exhaust and is getting new struts for it along with doing body with this weekend.

This truck has costed me 250 to buy in total.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update.

I did order and revive my replacement u joint however when I got it, it only had 3 of the 4 c clips to hold the caps in. Messaged the seller on eBay about it with pictures and he is sending me the missing clip.

So what have I been doing all spring and summer....working. My work over booked so I have been working Saturdays. Also started to buy and bring snow blowers and tillers back to life from my local JY and selling them. So far I'm on tiller number 5. In ordered I have saved a 1974 Sears Roto spader, 70s atals, 1959 Springfield, 70s Montgomery Ward and currently working on an 80s Gilson brothers rear tine. Snow blowers include a couple toros and an international harvester.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
your killing me:thefinger:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got the clips in yesturday. Also went to start the truck, cranked over just to stop. Battery checks out fine but I need to check and clean the connections on the cables. Took my cb out and don't think I got the power cable to the solenoid on good enough. Can't wait to go efi, need to quit being lazy and get the rest of the stuff for that.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update.

Battery just needed fluid added. But now no ignition spark so the module has gone out. Going to be selling one of my nitro rc vehicles to help find the efi swap only because it's too big fir me to race and nowhere to race it or much time for it. Somebody ifs going to get a good deal.

Also got a spicer ujoint in my axle shaft that I have had for 4 years now. Hopefully have the l them and the new brakes and rotors in soon.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Rebuilding front axles is tedious. Balljoints, crosses, wheelbearings, umpteen million seals. Then it hits you, haven't even touched the brakes yet. :black_eye:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I use to be willing to spend money on my truck at a moment's notice to improve and fix it and now as you can see, not so much anymore. Guess because I also had access to all the tools to fix it at one time too, now I have buy them. It also use to be my only vehicle too.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, the guy that spend who knows how much putting a V8 in his Ranger is now reduced to squirreling away a part a month.

But I have my own fully lit garage now that blows away the mud floor lean-to with a flashlight at my parents place.

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a full garage to work in now vs not having tio do everything out in the weather. But having a child, fiancee I'm marrying this coming February, more bills, etc...vs when I didn't have any of that when I built my truck made a huge difference.

The efi swap is coming this next spring. Want to be able to jump in, start my truck and drive and hopefully get better mpgs too. Also get a better exhaust system on her and the 8.8 under too.

But because firearm season for deer starts this Saturday, not much going to be done on the truck the rest of the year.

I am active on Facebook helping others with their rangers and ones who want to do a v8 swap in the group "v8 ranger swap group" that I'm admin of.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ive been gone since 2011 and this thing still isnt done?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome back!

I've had a child, moved into my own place, job change, etc...the past few years. Next year I will have this truck "done".

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hear that man. Congrats on the kid! I got married. Moved into a new place. And bought 2 more Rangers. Crazy man

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals