• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tailgate light bars

lorenambrose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l V6
Transmission
Automatic
Where can I get a LED Light Bar for the back of my 2003 Ranger Edge 4x2? All the ones I have seen cover up the hole for cranking the spare tire. Also one that actually mounts to the truck not just sticks on with tape. I have a line-x and nothing really sticks to it.

lorenambrose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l V6
Transmission
Automatic

Well a little alcohol and some adhesion promoter an they are on to stay. I like the way they look. One of the best aftermarket mods I ever did.

Last edited:

STingray1300

Reaction score
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
lorenambrose, I noticed that your concern about the light bar blocking the spare tire crank slot wasn't addressed.

I too am wondering about that. Maybe grind out a hole in the light bar, avoiding the actual LED light bulbs?

Anyone?

creepinjeepster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 and 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
90-2.9 and 91-3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Could mount directly to the tailgate instead of under it to avoid blocking the hole. Could just cover the hole and have to reach from under the truck to lower the spare. Pretty much up to the owner and what they'd be willing to put up with.

Don't recommend cutting hole in lightbar. LED's usually run on a circuit board and you'd end up cutting it to cut the hole.

3RD option. You can buy two short length lightbars and mount one on each side of the hole for the spare tire. Wire each into their perspective tail light.

lorenambrose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l V6
Transmission
Automatic
Due to the storm this week I have not been able to address it but I do think a 1" sanding drum will put a neat cutout in the plastic and not interfere with the light section of the assembly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals