• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daytime Running Lights Staying On

cdnturboz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Merkur
Transmission
Automatic
1998 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4, even after you turn the ignition and lights off the daytime running lights stay on. What's the best way to fix this?

We have pulled the fuse for now but the fog lights don't work with the fuse unplugged....

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You have DRL on your 98? Weird...I don't.

cdnturboz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Merkur
Transmission
Automatic
I live in Canada and DRL were standard after 93 or so I believe

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have the auto headlight feature on your truck? You can tell if you turn the headlight switch to the LEFT one click, right 2 clicks is normal headlights on. Auto headlights will commonly leave the lights on for about a minute for "safety". Just an idea to check.

Either that or you may have the headlight relay is fused closed. Thereby causing the headlights to stay on.

cdnturboz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Merkur
Transmission
Automatic
Its the normal headlights, none of the other exterior lights stay on just the headlamps (drl's)

walleyeye

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
HELP!!!

Ahhh, good to be back after a long time away. Only because my Ranger is so reliable of course-until yesterday.

Was out hunting & when I came back I had the same problem. DRL won't go off. The headlight dash light is on too until I turn on the headlights, then it goes off.

Checked all the fuses and they seem to be ok. Don't know how to check the relays but talked to a buddy Dodge mechanic who says its the DRL module.

Where is the DRL module on a '95 I4 2x4? He's coming over in a couple hours to give me a hand.

HELP!!!

walleyeye

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Buddy came over while i struggled to get my hands in at where the daytime running light module is to unplug it and he unplugged it and viola-problem soved.

Problem now is Ford dealer wants $229 for a new one. No name parts dealer here in Canada has a universal one for $40 if it fits.

Gonna check out auto scrappers too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals