• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Linked and bagged drift truck

jgman66

Reaction score
Im new to rangers, just picked up a regular cab short bed 94 with 95k on it for 400 with no title, so i figured its not a bad deal for a little drift beater. Now for your opinion. I have a universal triangulated 4 link and bag setup laying around from a different project that i took a different way with. I dont have much drift knowledge so i was wondering if it would be a good idea to use the bags or forget the bags and do somekind of coilover. Obviously id like to use the bags because it would be cheaper ( i have a compressor, tank and the whole 9 already)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't know anything about drifting. How much, if any, suspension travel do you need? If not much then bag it and use limit straps. Make the straps tight before adding air to the bags. That should make the back end get loose quick. The rangers are prone to pushing thru corners, so losing the front sway bar and tightening the rear suspension should help.
WARNING; This is just off the cuff thinking and no real knowledge has been dispensed.

Be careful if you do any sharp "s" corners, the front TTB suspension can jack up and cause easy roll-overs. Look at my avatar if you doubt.

Last edited:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Coilovers would give you more adjustability with spring rates. The bags could probably work, but I'd want a Watts link or Panhard to keep the axle from moving laterally.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
^^^ Good points. I was thinking the leaf springs would stay.... I know next to nothing about bagging a vehicle.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Gentlemen:

A fully triangulated 4 link is the same suspension found in Fox bodied Mustangs among others. I doesn't want a Watts link/Panhard rod.*

I do agree, coil-overs are the simplest solution to setting spring rate/ride height. You only have 1 or 2 choices in diameter to adjust spring rates with bags.

*The last generation of Mustangs with a solid axle used a 3 link and Panhard rod. Personally, I prefer the 3 link and Panhard as it is less prone to binding, but the 4 link locates the axle more precisely...

jgman66

Reaction score
Hey guys another question. The clutch does not engage untill the pedal is all the way out but the truck does not have an adjustment that i can find. Can you guys let me know how i can adjust that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals