• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator Possibility?

ranger_redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L HOPING FOR A SWAP SOON
Transmission
Manual
I think that my FPR is starting to give me a bad time.. I have a few Adjustable FPR's laying around from old projects..
I was just wondering if it is possible to use an AFPR on a stock 2.9L to make it look a little nicer having a truck colored FPR lol..
plus i already have a few laying around that i can use instead of buying a stock one again.. i can upload pics of the ones i have if that helps..

ranger_redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L HOPING FOR A SWAP SOON
Transmission
Manual
Need some help with this.. my ranger WAS running great and now not so much..

I can definitely feel a small misfire.. ( i have replaced plugs, wires,fuel filter, and cap and rotor were supposedly changed) will look more into that

Back to 12-13 mpg.. I have a 20 mile commute one way (from my house to my work) and thats not exactly the best to be getting when you go 40 miles a day (now equals a quarter tank every day)

If i floor my truck it just seems like it hits limp mode.. will bogggg and then shoot forward with full power again (sounds fuel-ish to me)

I was leaving the parking lot at my work monday and killed it (I blamed the boots i was wearing) and then it wouldnt start again..
it just sat there and cranked and cracked.. till finally it roughly started (wasnt pleasant)

Then just yesterday after work, me and my girlfriend decided to go wash our vehicles
I let the clutch out normally and it just stumbled and died.. again, no starting back up. It just sat there and cranked and cranked.. till finally it roughly started again.. like its having a hard time delivering fuel to the engine (I am just assuming that because there was spark there..)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! I can still drive the ranger i just dont know if its gonna leave me stranded or not.. and id rather have it not..

Which is why i asked if you could use an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator in place of the stock one.. i have a few laying around so it may be worth a try

bf750

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2. Crap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33 1250 15
My credo
It is what it is
I don't think so 2.9 is different for 3.0 4.0 5.0 5.8 7.3

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals