• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86-88 Wiring harness needed

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I need a complete engine wiring harness for an 86-88 Ranger with a 2.9. Unless another year will work. I need the complete thing (sensors, connections to computer, etc). Does anyone know where I can order one. I have looked, and I haven't had much luck. If not, does anyone want to sell one, and if so, how much?

Thanks for the information, my email is raggadie_andy@yahoo.com.
Ross Wood

Last edited:

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, I forgot about the transmissions, so that is a no go. I did remove the egr/knock sensor and put an 88 computer on it. Other than throwing an code, I don't see how it would cause problems, but I maybe wrong. If it does, let me know.

This issue has been my weakness. Most problems I can fix easy, but someone decided to try and put a radio in the truck (the owner before me) which ended up messing up a lot of the wiring. For instance, I have 2 computer connections. One in the regular spot, and the other is hanging out of the glove box. I didn't notice it at first, but once I did I know the issue is in my wiring. Not to mention, I have tried everything else.

I suppose I will just have to manually rewire everything unless I can find a harness for an 86.

Is it common for people to manually rewire everything?

Also, can complete wiring harnesses be bought? From the searches I have conducted, all I get are partial wiring harnesses.

Thanks for the information,
Ross Wood

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals