• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ok, new lighting idea...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
It really depends. I think for trails you would be better off with the driving lights because they throw a wider beam and you really aren't going to run into too many 1/2 mile long straight stretchs on trails. Long range lights definately come in handy with highway and desert running cause they go way down the road.

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
from everything i've been told from those in the desert scene, it is a foolish idea to put a light bar on the roof of your truck without a roll cage to mount it to. otherwise, you're going to rip the sheetmetal on the roof from the movement of the light bar and the weight of the lights.

i saw one on a ranger at my school that had cut into his a pillar a little bit and then welded in a tab for his light bar, with an adjustable linkage that runs to the 3rd brake light i believe.

thats the only pic i have of it, if you search around on dezertrangers.com and race-dezert.com there will be a lot of pics of light bars and how to mount them.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Its never a good Idea to mount something like lights to the roof or anything to any sheet metal anywhere on your truck.

I will hopefully be making a rack for my other lights this next week cause its spring break.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals