• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 swap issues

moosemeadows

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84/85/89
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have an issue with not being able to pull codes from my computer. The swap is a 93 Explorer 4.0 into an 87 Bronco ll. It runs but having a few issues when I try to start warm. I've changed alot of stuff and tried alot of different ideas and all here have been great wealth of knowledge and experience. RonD has been a real help but branching out into my real fear electrics. I'm not able to get any codes from my 93 explorer ECM. In the 87 there's no working CEK from factory but it does have a working emissions lite that serves as a maintenance reminder at 60k. Do I really have to have a CEK to make this thing run correctly electrical wise? Should I be able to check for 12v or signal at the connector where you check for codes to see that ECM is working to that point?
Looking to hear from some of you electronic wizards because I'm running out of thoughts.
All have been great to work with here and hopefully in time I'll be able to share something new and hopefully helpful.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals