• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My POS Craigslist Special 92 Ranger

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You did not paint or polish the intake.........................fore shame.
I thought about painting it blue but then I thought that might be too much. I did scrub the shit out of it though. So it looks a lot cleaner.

Like I said I'm not going to put too much into this motor. I'd rather build and swap a V8 than go crazy with this motor.

I did see where someone had polished the intake tho, holy cow that's so much work

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Made good progress tonight

The only things left under the hood this go 'round are spark plug wires, fender liners, the airbox and intake hose, the brake master cylinder needs to be bled and installed. New serpentine belt. I'm just going off the top of my head but I think that's it

Last edited:

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Flip kit, tie rod dust caps, and shifter bushing repair kit came today....lowering beams are supposed to be delivered too.

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Dream beams always used to sound so exotic... Back when I first heard about them I didn't put any research into it so I had no clue what dream beams were. Funny how much I've learned haha

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm surprising myself! I always regretted not knowing how to work on my own cars. I feel like I'm pretty smart I like to learn and I like to know how to do everything. So I just jumped in hahaha

Nothing has been very difficult really. It just takes time. The Ford shop manual I bought has helped out a lot in the engine compartment. I was scared sh*tless but in the end I had all kinds of hoses and electrical lines unplugged all at once for a long time. I've been taking tons of pictures as I go tho too.
I'm thankful this is a small truck that's easy to work on. I honestly expected to get halfway into it and then not being able to finish it myself. Well I didn't expect it but it was a huge fear of mine.

Did some more tonight. Got the starter mounted, and spark plug wires in. I need some new routing clips. I will find some and take care of all the wiring still.

Here is an example of something that I thought I would need to take to someone else, but I said F it and started. Went surprisingly well. The new U joints are super stiff in the drive shaft compared to the old ones.

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well..... got over $100 of free stuff from eBay. Seller said it was out of stock and refunded me. But it showed up on my porch today.

Shocks came in too

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Dude you're doing great work...detailed and clean! :icon_thumby: What Ford manual are you using? I often find the Haynes and Chilton manuals too vague. That U-joint looks awesome. I'm about to tackle mine, too...the bed is coming off and everything from the cab back will be replaced and restored.

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Dude you're doing great work...detailed and clean! :icon_thumby: What Ford manual are you using? I often find the Haynes and Chilton manuals too vague. That U-joint looks awesome. I'm about to tackle mine, too...the bed is coming off and everything from the cab back will be replaced and restored.
Thanks!!

Here's a link to the same I bought

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=311248221165&alt=web

It's awesome. Extremely detailed, with part numbers and everything!

Good luck, that will be my next thing to do after I finish up what I have going now

Last edited:

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Random pic

Last edited:

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Front half of driveshaft installed so I could fill trans

Click click mother f***er

Accidentally left it in 5th when I removed the stock shifter so it took me awhile to figure that out haha!

Last edited:

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
More stuffs

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
New fuel filter, serpentine belt, and oxygen sensor installed. Pulled the boots off the spark plugs and filled with Dielectric grease. Installed the intake and airbox temporarily until I mount the fender liners back

Then I checked over everything ( forgot to remove the rag plugging my y-pipe though LOL) and set up my camera
First start in over a month. Open headers no exhaust or cat yet
[ame]https://youtu.be/qwUYCQZOh24[/ame]

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Woohoo!! :beer: Sounds perfect! Who needs headers and exhaust??!

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Woohoo!! [emoji481]Sounds perfect! Who needs headers and exhaust??!
I know right?! It did have the headers on in the video just no cats or exhaust. You can see the joy in my face at the sound!
I didn't quite get the exhaust installed yesterday and it's raining today unfortunately. No work being done ?

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I finished putting the exhaust on except for the last part over the rear axle. It definitely quieted it down and it does not sound lopey anymore. Definitely not cammed. Still has a bit of an idle issue I will have to figure out later.

I guess it's about that time

The shock absorbers are completely shot

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals