• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lolwut!

izzo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey!

I am a Datsun guy. Have owned over 40 or so. Rebuild engines, transmission swaps, suspension, brakes etc. Have done it all. I know them pretty well in/out.

I've had a few fords over the years. And never had any luck with anything newer than early 80s fords. But back then, I didn't turn wrenches. Now I have turned wrenches for a living for some time. I am not a master tech. Mostly did alignments, brakes, suspension etc for a company. The datsuns I have built... Are a lot of fun. I still own 4 at the moment. One daily, a project I am working on for the wife, A project truck I am working on for myself. I will share a few pictures.

Some of the datsuns I have built, are all over the world now. Hawaii, Chicago, Santa Barbara. It's nice seeing my work all over. All were here in my hands in Oregon. The one in Hawaii was shipped. The other two I mentioned and many more were driven to their location.

Anyways. I traded an expensive datsun transmission for a 1994 ford ranger. Has 161k on the clock. Mostly clean truck. None of the warning lights worked when I got it, and it didn't charge. All works now! Will be giving it a tune up, fluid change etc as it's sat for 3 years. It's standard cab, 2wd, 3.0 automatic. Nothing special. But has a tow package. Now i can use that to tow my datsuns around instead of borrowing a vehicle. Will be nice!

I don't have any pictures of the ford. I will get some and post it in here once I get them.

I am in Astoria, Oregon. Anyone else from around here? Probably not. But be cool if there was. NW oregon, sw washington... or somewhat near here?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Welcome to TRS!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

1994 was last year of the EEC-IV(OBD1) Ford engine computer, 1995 and up have EEC-V(OBD2)
1994 was last year the Ranger 3.0l engine had a distributor.

The 3.0l Vulcan engine was used in Ford cars and light trucks from 1986 to 2008(rangers got these in 1991)
Good reliable engine but not a power house

1994 was also the last year of the A4LD automatic transmission, the newer version, 4R44E, was same basic model but had full computer control of shifting.
1989 to 1994 had torque converter lock up and OD control only.
A4LD got a bad rep at first because it was one of the first OD automatics and transmission shops went to school on these, so if a "rebuild" failed shop said "must be bad design", lol, never admit mistakes, blame someone else, ALWAYS!!!

Good page to bookmark here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.shtml

Loads of Ranger info

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals