• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2-wheel abs or rear anti lockup

DonDumas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I purchased atruck that had no brake fluid service in 15 years.
it's a 2000 which does not have the jumper wire to short out.
Attached wiring diagram shows the OHM readings for the valve coils. if the coils ohm out properly the and flushing the system with new fluid didn't work you can try the steps.

I removed my master reservoir and cleaned the sludge out of it filled with fresh fluid and bleed. I also dissassembled the abs valve and cleaned it in a ultrasonic cleaner.

after re-assembly turn ignition on if light goes out and the you press the brake pedal the light illuminates again, lift the electrical portion of the valve and turn off ignition and back on, push brake pedal if light stays off their is air in the valve.

I dissassembled the valves from the body, filled the body with fluid, disassembled the first valve (the plunger end) and filled with fluid, then screwed into the valve body. then put a clamp over the center portto block any air or fluid leak and pushed the brake pedal once and let up slow, this pushed any remaining air out of the first valve.

then I pushe the center (brass spool) and spring into place. then filled cap(electrical cap) with fliud and installed.

By now the location for the second valve was full of fliud, I pulled the spool apartfillef with fluid and re assembled spool and qiuckly moved from upside down ti right side up placing valve into valve body.

after that I opened the right rear bleed screw and let it gravity bleed.

Problem now solved and properly working compressing air inside valve let the reset input fir creating a fault

I hope this help others as I had wasted money on parking brake switch, brakes switch and speed sensor before finding the wiring diagram onthe net.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals