• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 sohc, belt whine, metal(exhaust?) creak when warm

mooty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've been having some peculiar issues with my 4.0. When my car warms up I experience belt whine and it seems my power steering suffers some at this point so the two may be related. However, this problem persisted prior and after exchanging the pump for a new unit so I'm hesitant to blame the pump itself. The current pump is only 8 months old.

There is also a metal creaking sound that coincides with the belt whine and engine warm up. It sounds as if it's coming from the front driver side and if I had to guess I would say it's exhaust parts but I'm not certain. A quick inspection of suspension and exhaust reveals no problems.

Lastly the check engine light will come on from time to time and the code reads delay in o2 sensor bay one, whether that's related to the rest of my problems is beyond me.

I just wanted to run my engine symptoms by you guys to see if maybe a light bulb went off. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals