• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Banner Across North America 2012 - Alaska to Key West Florida (OFFICIAL)

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I was riding (motorcycle) in to work this morning in the middle lane when this Mercedes rolls up almost on my rear tire in traffic. Seriously, no space, all up on my junk.

I was offset in the lane, and he continued to use the other side of the lane or get his fender parallel with mine.

After a long look back at the driver, he motioned something with his hands, essentially saying he was trying to cross lanes over. Impatient idiot.

Ugh, I wish I had my GoPro rolling on mornings like this.

So rude, and dangerous. And pushy. And dangerous.
I really would like to have a motorcycle to ride to school and back, a classic harley or something. Simple and reliable. But people now just don't give a crap about motorbikes and it's dangerous.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Mastuh_ Do you mean something like this set-up?

:headbang:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Mastuh_ Do you mean something like this set-up?

:headbang:

Maybe, but you wanna go without the windscreen because bugs are very tasty and nutritious.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
OH SONOFABITCH!! Had my face shield up last Monday, riding home from work. I took a bug to the right eyeball at 50 mph!

Lesson learned: anything over 40 mph, face shield goes down.

This is my helmet:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
OH SONOFABITCH!! Had my face shield up last Monday, riding home from work. I took a bug to the right eyeball at 50 mph!

Lesson learned: anything over 40 mph, face shield goes down.

This is my helmet:

A June bug will BRUISE an eyeball......I try to let them hit me on the forehead!

How's October looking for you guys to get some time off?

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Busy, but doable for me.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I'll be in Dallas / Fort Worth this weekend for numerous reasons.

Mastuh and I are currently trying to get something together.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
SIDENOTE: I'll be traveling to Guatemala in December. I sent a message to Jim and asking him if RangerSportHonduras can sign it.

I think it will be possible...

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
SIDENOTE: I'll be traveling to Guatemala in December. I sent a message to Jim and asking him if RangerSportHonduras can sign it.

I think it will be possible...
I vote "No" for this banner. To many miles, history, big bucks and risk have been put to it. I proposed an international banner when this was brought up a few months after we launched it from Alaska. Jim allowed one flight across Alaska because of the extreme circumstances we had to deal with. To many of us have alot of skin in the game to take that risk Pete including you. Poncho is a long and dear member but I reckon he sees the logic and knows I will push for the "International TRS Banner". Remember our Hawaii memebers have been excluded and other territorial members along with all our many other global members that should have their own banner too... just sayin.

Last edited:

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
This just happens to be convenient, and I'm not like some of the other members here that have been less than responsible. I'll be all in for an International Banner, but that will be a small banner with Hawaii members, RangersportHonduras, and Patov in Chile (who's no longer active).

A lot of effort has been put forth, no doubt with that. I also understanding the flying limitation / handoff; but the purpose of this banner is to bring TRS members together, international or not. And it's already an international banner: Canada. (Weezl would have blown a gasket, lol). I don't think there will be a 3rd Banner ever.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Well I can't actually hand it off this weekend. Going back home is just to much gas money and since I don't have my financial aid for school I can't really afford to drive back home. Plus I would have to visit my parents, and since they are coming up next week to visit me, saving me the gas money it just really didn't make sense.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This just happens to be convenient, and I'm not like some of the other members here that have been less than responsible. I'll be all in for an International Banner, but that will be a small banner with Hawaii members, RangersportHonduras, and Patov in Chile (who's no longer active).

A lot of effort has been put forth, no doubt with that. I also understanding the flying limitation / handoff; but the purpose of this banner is to bring TRS members together, international or not. And it's already an international banner: Canada. (Weezl would have blown a gasket, lol). I don't think there will be a 3rd Banner ever.
Pete, we have alot more international lurkers than you realize but they don't post up much because language barriers and even using suck translaters has had them called idiots, morons and worse when they were just trying to ask a question or say thank you. Canada was pre-planned with this banner and they proved up big time (Well except Weez heh heh). I believe this one should stay on the North American continent as planned. Also IF there is an international banner and its advertised for say 3-6 months before hand I believe you will see a swell of lurkers becoming members. Back in 04-05 when I joined there really was not that many members on TRS , many came back after the the great crash of 07 and now look... from a handfull to 10's of 1000's. The international banner would go to Hawaii first (50th), then US territories, then global. Can you imagine how cool that would be for us to see how they do it and with photos of all far away places? Oh and also like I mentioned long ago we would need to set up an account (like Fed Ex) so members who don't have a 1/2 penny to spare can be part of this family and know they can send it along to the next member.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Pete, we have alot more international lurkers than you realize but they don't post up much because language barriers and even using suck translaters has had them called idiots, morons and worse when they were just trying to ask a question or say thank you. Canada was pre-planned with this banner and they proved up big time (Well except Weez heh heh). I believe this one should stay on the North American continent as planned. Also IF there is an international banner and its advertised for say 3-6 months before hand I believe you will see a swell of lurkers becoming members. Back in 04-05 when I joined there really was not that many members on TRS , many came back after the the great crash of 07 and now look... from a handfull to 10's of 1000's. The international banner would go to Hawaii first (50th), then US territories, then global. Can you imagine how cool that would be for us to see how they do it and with photos of all far away places? Oh and also like I mentioned long ago we would need to set up an account (like Fed Ex) so members who don't have a 1/2 penny to spare can be part of this family and know they can send it along to the next member.
I remember that discussion. I was on the fence about it. I saw both sides of the argument, and didn't favor one side in particular. I started lurking around '00 after I got my first truck, when it still had parts in the other site format. Joined around '01-02. That crash really sucked, but fortunately we got a lot of our archived information back, minus the threads. There was so much good, dense, information in that. People have come and gone (ie: MAKG), but TRS is still a wonderful site and filled with genuine enthusiasts.

Hey, maybe I can use the big printer at work and make a 1:1 scale copy of the Banner. Or bring a piece of canvas that I can directly glue onto the actual Banner. :icon_twisted: I unno. Just spitballing ideas here.

I was up in Irving/Dallas area this past weekend, and limitations prevented us from meeting. I drove the 4.5 hours back down to Houston. There are other weekends available.

:popcorn: BLASPHEMY COMING:

While at the Texas State Fair in Dallas, which also hosts an auto show, I learned that he 2015 Chevy Colorado will have come equipped with a full quad cab (actual usable bench seat for adults) and an optional 2.8L 4 cylinder Duramax turbo diesel. Can't find the highway MPG specs yet.

Really? REALLY? Ford, what is wrong with you! Last time you did that for us was in 1985! It actually looks really good, and I would be excited to own one for sure.

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
:popcorn: BLASPHEMY COMING:

While at the Texas State Fair in Dallas, which also hosts an auto show, I learned that he 2015 Chevy Colorado will have come equipped with a full quad cab (actual usable bench seat for adults) and an optional 2.8L 4 cylinder Duramax turbo diesel. Can't find the highway MPG specs yet.

Really? REALLY? Ford, what is wrong with you! Last time you did that for us was in 1985! It actually looks really good, and I would be excited to own one for sure.
It's actually been given out to some magazines for testing. It gets 20-23 City And 24-27 highway with its I4 engine. The diesel is not coming till next year. But I will admit it does look good, just as long as it doesn't get recalled. Ford doesn't really care about the U.S anymore, they are making everything global now.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
It's actually been given out to some magazines for testing. It gets 20-23 City And 24-27 highway with its I4 engine. The diesel is not coming till next year. But I will admit it does look good, just as long as it doesn't get recalled. Ford doesn't really care about the U.S anymore, they are making everything global now.
27 highway? Is that the actual mileage? Hm. I would have thought it would at LEAST break 30 mpg. Hell, the Jetta TDI gets 30 city / 42 hwy. That's underwhelming. I breifly saw 27 in another article, but I thought that that can't be the final number. 2.3L gas Rangers get close to that already...from 10 years ago.

Yea, they stopped caring about the US and gave other countries the cool goodies. A crew cab Ranger, diesel...ugh. It's all about F-150+ sales.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals