• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2003 box side panel

pdmustgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have 03 Level II Ranger that got clipped in left corner below tail light slightly forward. Since body line was flatten from fender molding to tail light was thinking of replacing box side. Here's the issue I'm told from Ford 98-03 interchanged but 04-11 are different. BUT catalogs says 04-11 part is updated part. What the heck is differences from 98-03 and 04-11 pickup boxes? Darn junkyards can't tell me just that they interchange gee thanks.

Here's the E-mail

"""I do not know the difference and cannot recommend it. I have the same issues with the catalog. It states that the 5L5Z panel is the updated part but according to Ford the original is discontinued with no supersession."""

98-03 Ranger left side box panel--F87Z-9927840-DA
04-11 Ranger left side box panel--5L5Z-9927840-B

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Beds are interchangeable from 93+. So are taillight housings, so it's not like there's an issue around the taillight. Not sure what else they could've changed that would keep you from putting a bedside from any year 93+ on your truck.

It still amazes me that nobody makes a replacement bedside for 93+ Rangers. There are millions of them on the road, and they usually have rust/damage issues. Seems like LMC or somebody could make some money.

pdmustgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks,
That's what I thought same tail light opening, body lines, gas tank opening so what changed. Local junk yard has left side from 2010 but no holes for wheel moldings but so what there easy to drill.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals