• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Instigator. 97 2wd to 5.0 and SAS

jkw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
started out by breaking out the chop saw and cutting the radius arms down to the size stubs I found others doing. first set was 10" long, second set was 12" with 2" of the inner steel notched and cut out, leaving an extra tab to slide along the top and bottom of the 2" dom ill be extending them with.

1.5" schedule 40 pvc has very similar inner diameter/outer diameter of 2" .25" wall dom tube, so that's what I'm using for mock up. I slit the tube with the chop saw, then slipped it onto the radius arm stub, and popped the heim on the end

now I've gotta get the axle in place under the truck, with the frame at ride height, measure for the transmission crossmember, and then build the arms off there. crossmember will be 2"x6" .25 wall rectangular tube with 3/8" thick radius arm tabs.

Attachments

jkw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Measuring for the coil buckets turns out to be a bigger PITA than I expected. everything on the frame is just slightly off from one side to the other. I wound up making plumb bobs and measuring from the center of the coil bucket attached clamped to the frame, to the center of the front body mount. had to use the engine crane to lift the frame another 4-5" to be able to roll the dana 44 under it with the 35's. engine crossmember is going to be cut for clearance for the pumpkin.

Attachments

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Looks good man I hope your build comes out better than mine I basically bought someone's project and now I'm sorting out all the crap now it's hell....but I can't wait to final stance of this I love the fw axle look on these trucks

jkw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like it'll be a bit higher when I'm all done. Also gotta think about how I wanna cut my engine crossmember. Grabbed some bronco shorty headers today because the Hedman longtubes won't work.

Attachments

jkw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Another missing link squired tonight. A c6 and extension housing from an 80's bronco. Ignore the awesome purple and green paint scheme the kid did...

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals