• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody here make there own manifolds?

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

faststang90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i did a custom set of headers just because I wanted 1 3/4 inch headers. I had to get the flanges that had the tube already made on it. they was about 180.00 for them. if your going to do a turbo I don't know why you cant use mustang turbo headers. then make a custom cross over pipe. I would think 1 5/8 headers would be good to about 600 hp

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Another question about manifolds, are explorer manifolds as bad as people say they are? Or do they produce a good amount of torque?
Right now i have two choices, the actual ranger swap headman headers, or the explorer manifolds which are cheap and easy to build my own exhaust onto

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

win

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The original "tubular" exhaust manifolds on the '96 and '97 Explorers are at least as bad as you've heard. Probably worse. I don't know, de-stroke the 5.0 down to a 3 liter and the tubulars might be ok.

The cast manifolds on the later '97 through 01 are better, much better but given the measuring stick used, much better than a turd might not be "good enough"!

I'd probably opt for the Headman's given your options, or possibly the OBX clones of the TorqueMonsters.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The original "tubular" exhaust manifolds on the '96 and '97 Explorers are at least as bad as you've heard. Probably worse. I don't know, de-stroke the 5.0 down to a 3 liter and the tubulars might be ok.

The cast manifolds on the later '97 through 01 are better, much better but given the measuring stick used, much better than a turd might not be "good enough"!

I'd probably opt for the Headman's given your options, or possibly the OBX clones of the TorqueMonsters.
Thank you, i will search the obx ones and see what i end up doing. Probably will not use the explorer ones

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals