• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 topaz 3.0 - will it bolt into a 94 3.0 2wd MT?

christw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 MT
Transmission
Manual
Title says it all. I found a 3.0 auto v6 with 69k from a 92 topaz. I can't find any reason they wouldn't bolt up but you guys know way better than I. (Dude says it came with a carb-I thought the Vulcan was all EFI?) Thoughts or advice? My truck has a distributor btw.

Last edited:

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I am going to sit back and watch this one; but, I would guess that block is about all that is the same. Heads, water pump, etc. are probably different so it can set sideways in a front wheel drive install.

christw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 MT
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, it was a transverse mount in the Topaz, wasn't it? I'm concerned whether the internals and mounting points are the same. If they are, it should be a pretty clean bolt in/on swap.

I like my truck but it sips more oil than a two stroke during break-in. If I do another 5000 miles on this engine the one from the topaz will have paid itself off in oil alone.

Last edited:

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
I have just read accounts. From what I gather the block is the same, but the heads and water pump etc, are different. So there is going to be a lot of time and money spent. I would be Googling up a storm for particulars. Good luck and please post follow ups :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals