• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dash light bulb replacement

hanick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I need to replace the lights on my '96 dash with tac. No emerg brake light, loss of illumination lower end of tac ect.

Does anyone know how many bulbs of each ofthe two sizes I need? What are the sizes?

After all the work to get it out I might as well change them all out. Thanks
H

94rangersplash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont know how many of em but my 94 took 194 bulbs and that is the only kind you need

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Im looking in a service maual and it says 16. The service manual is for a 93 though and i know they changed the dash set up in 94

94rangersplash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've changed mine i know they take a 194 little plug in type bulb

hanick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you you're the best! I see 6 bigger bulbs(black base). Are there 7?

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
hmm.. you know what? there ARE only 6.

HAHAHA pwnd...

*edits post*

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
6. I just put blue plugin LED's in mine...

EDIT: By the way, if you have an auto tranny and you want to do this, set the parking brake shift the truck into 1st gear with the range selector. If you don't you won't be able to get them out. Underneath the dash, the shifter cable attachs to a little metal piece that looks kind of like a backwards "J". There is a bolt (5.5mm IIRC) holding a little block in place to hold tension on the shifter cable. Remove that bolt, then remove the cable from the little metal piece. Then the gauges will come out.

Last edited:

irishblessing

there are six bulbs in both the clusters with tach and without and the bulbs are 194's

hanick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
update dash light help?

Thanks for your responces. I've spent quite a bit of time searching the forum for answers to my questions -to no avail. Perhaps someone can help. Here is the latest.

As you know I have a 1998 Ford Ranger Splash 4x4 4L. When the car starts the gauge, battery,check engine, 4x4, 4x4low lights and a few others I can't remember come on.

The door ajar, blinkers, airbag, and highbeam lights all work.

I can not tell if they antilock brake, antitheft, brake system and fuel reset lights function. The cruise light does not.

If the headlights and parking lights are off the 4x4 ,4x4low and od lights will turn on. However, if the parking lights or headlights are on none of those lights will light. The parking brake light turns on when my son sets the brake but not when I do. Go figure.

H

irishblessing

theres probably an open wire grounding somewhere when i redid my dash bulbs and put everything

back together everytime i ran my stereo all the lights would short out flash then go out, because when the idiots that

installed my stereo put it together they left some wires open and they were grounding somehwhere in my dash

hanick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Just checked.

With ignition in run I have seatbelt,abs,airbag,Batt,checkguage,checkengine and brake. Batt and brake turn off after a moment.Door ajar works. Never seen fuel reset or speed control. In the run position the 4x4drive and 4x4low and od off, if it is off, come on. If the parking lights or headlights are on the 4x4 and od lights go off regardless of the dimmer switch position, which is working fine otherwise. Any ideas?
H

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals