• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I must see your turbo v6

dylanrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i've been searching, searching, more searching, searched more, took a nap, then searched more and can find such limited info on boosted v6 ranger/explorers.

im asking for pics of your turbo setup and or pics/video.

MY #1 question is: what did you do for tuning? im looking at the quarterhorse for ford but really really need others input on their tuning source.

#2 question: how did you route your intercooler pipes?

my turbo setup mounts the turbo right at the end of the Y pipe. basically the turbo will be sitting where the cat would have been near the transmission pan.

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Most guys with OBD2 trucks (96 and newer) just get a handheld tuner from SCT loaded with custom tunes. There are tons of SCT dealers/Tuners across the country that should be able to write a custom tune for you either on a dyno, or via email.

What engine do you have? What size injectors and MAF do you plan on using? How much boost do you want to run, and how many other mods are you planning?

There are a handful of Rangers with turbo v6s out there, but they're very uncommon because of the amount of custom stuff that has to be done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals