• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picking up my next B2 Project

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll be picking my new find tongiht :yahoo: Base model 1984 B2. very little rust, no holes anywhere yet, 55k on it, drivers seat is the only bad thing in the interrior (not that it matters, it's all getting changed). Beige with a tan interior, that has to go. I'll post pics of this later. Many upgrades to come on this one, it's a good solid truck to make a project out of and the price was better than right!
Starting with the interior, total color change, new gauges, stero equipment, new front buckets and I'm sure other little things.
Next will be the body work (what little there is) and a good paint job. then the motor is getting the duraspark swap
last will be the suspension and axels with some new 33's.
I'll get the pics up later and I might start a build thread on it since I'm doing a complete build in and out, all but the motor swap (that comes much later.

Here it is, just got it home. more pics in my profile

Last edited:

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
After getting this in the Garage tonight and really going over the body I'm impressed.
Looked it all over and found "NO" rust holes in the body, surface rust here and there but I've see worse on newer cars. The radiator support is solid ( i was supprised) wheel wells are solid, floors, mounts, just over all nice. the only real rust was at the bottom of both door seams but nothing that can't be cleaned up and sealed.
Tomorrow I'll start removing the interior and start off with that work.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum from another Michigan guy.:icon_thumby:

Looks like you have a good clean Bronco to start with. I was surprised you found so little rust, especially with Michigan roads being what they are. Usually when somebody paints the bottom black like yours is they're trying to hide something so again it sounds like you really lucked out.
The restoration work on mine's just about finished: http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128403
All I can say is stick with it. It's a lot of work and can get hard to stay focused but is definately worth it in the end.

Josh

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, yea the black paint was hiding paint bubbles, little rust but nothing thru the metal. this belonged to a a friends mother, had it since it was new, explains the mileage, it was undercoated too.
This will be my second project B2, first was a 90, wish i wouldn't have sold it. Started this one tonight, few hours, few beers and my boys help we have the interior striped for cleaning, repainting and whatever else we find it need, like stereo speakers and a;ot of upgrades. Should be a fun project now that the boys are old enough. Heck their going back and forth on who gets it when were done.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Havent been on in a while, work on the house has taken prority over the Bronco build. Just an update, interrior is almost complete (post pics later) and just picked up both my new axles for the upgrade, dana 35 from a 94 explorer and a 8.8 from an 03 sport track. going to start going thru both and replaced bearings, seals and u-joints. Now to get the suspention kit and get these installed.... that may be a little bit.

Attachments

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I haven't been on here in forever but thought I'd add some updates.
Body work is complete and painted, body lift is on, interior and wiring is done, sound system is in. starting to get things together for the suspension, looking for the bumpers I want. Got a screaming deal on wheels and tires for it. Still assembling the exterior but with the cold weather I've stopped painting trim parts and such. Probably start on some motor work this winter and get to the rest of the painting and such in the spring. Still looking for gray interior panels for the whole truck. Painting is fine for now but would like to get it all replaced. I'll add some photos shortly, Big change since I picked it up. Just not in a big hurry to finish it. but I have my eye on a couple more Bronco II's that I'd like to get my hands on.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Photos of the project

here are some photos of the work so far, before paint and interior
DSCN9195.jpg

DSCN9198.jpg

DSCN9200.jpg

P1010667.jpg

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
More photos after paint

pics after the paint and interior install
20151110_183549.jpg

20151110_183746.jpg

20151117_202042.jpg

20151117_202142.jpg

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
A lot of changes for the base model it was. Lots of scrap yard hunting to find stuff, Craig's list finds. Still shopping for stuff however. this was the base model, nothing extra. First I gutted this interior out, found some rust at the rear hatch so I replaced that section of the floor. got the body work done. repaired 1 rust hole behind the passenger door. other than that only a few dents to fix. Filled the holes for the tire mount also (that wont go back on). Added the 2 inch body lift, Added the roof rack, found the heat duct for the rear seats and got that in, added the front seats from a 2000 explorer and used the material from the rears to recover the stock ones to match, added the counsel, new carpet and headliner, all the interior was painted charcoal gray. installed the rear window defroster, new stereo system, sound mat on the floors, inside the doors and rear panels. replaced the interior lighting front is out of the 2000 explorer and added a rear cargo light(didn't have one) out of an expedition (has 3 position switch, on, off, on with door open). replaced the sun visors with some out of a 2004 ranger for color match and these have the vanity light and mirrors. Have a NOS sun visor to install on the roof yet. tinted the door windows and added tint to the rear sides to darken them up. currently smoking out the marker light lenses and getting all those changed over to LED. still a lot more to go but it's progress.

Last edited:

Elutheros

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nice looking B2!

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dam I'm jealous, I've always has a soft spot for the bronco 2's and that one is really clean looking even before your repaint. Can't wait to follow this one's progress. Keep up the fine work.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Very nice job. She looks a whole lot better now. Hope you keep her a while too.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Started the Duraspark conversion this weekend. All the parts came in so got it all tore down yesterday and spent most of the day working on the exhaust. once I pulled all the garbage and the smog pump I didn't like the idea of just plugging the hoses so I removed both exhaust manifolds, cut the tubes and welded in a bolt as a plug, all new manifold bolts and gaskets, getting some extra brackets/junk off took the better part of the day. Still have to plug the tube on the converter, left in the O2 sensor just removed the wire. Cleaned up the valve covers and painting those today, made the block off plate for the EGR. I'll start the wiring later today and try to get it running maybe tomorrow. Couple of photos attached.

Attachments

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Updates
Finally got the duraspark conversion done today and a few other upgrades (pics below), too many other things took priorities again so it took a little while.
So, the conversion wasn’t too bad, followed the info in the library with a little change. I went with the GM ignition mod instead of the duraspark box, little extra wiring to run and less used out of the trucks harness. All the parts were bought thru Summit Racing. While I was at this I eliminated the converter and just put in some straight pipe. Put in a single wire 100a Alternator, once the smog pump is removed during the duraspark the belt was long so I figured why not… by the way the power steering belt is exactly the same size needed for the alternator after removing the smog pump. Also installed an electric fan with the thermostat control on it and it can also be wired to a switch. Will be adding a second battery for the accessories (new fuse block is wired and in waiting, on the fender well)
Going on vacation in about a week and will be stopping to get my suspension lift, front prerunner winch bumper and rear tube bumper with the tire carrier from James Duff. Looking forward to getting that all done and be able to start driving this,.

Attachments

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Looks really good. Glad you're keeping up on her and the thread. Really like the exterior and interior. Now I'll have to get to mine and hope I do half as well as you .

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals