• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Pump Issues

junkfixr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If the high pressure pump is not working, will the tank pump still work ? I don't hear any of the usual "whirring" or fuel returning to the tank when key is on.

Question 2. If I apply 12v to the inertia switch wire, will it feed back & energize the pump(s) ? Would this also rule out a bad relay ? I can't get to the connector to jump wire it without dropping the tank.

This should be fairly easy 'cause I replaced the tank and lo pressure pump about 5 years ago (never seize on all bolts.) Shouldn't a pump last longer than that ? Ethanol poisoning ? Not sure what's up... been running good & suddenly died in the driveway.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
You can use the test connector to jump the fuel pump relay to test the system. If your not getting 12 volts to the inertia switch it is the wiring somewhere. The VIP connector has a pin just short it to ground and the fuel pumps should run. If you have to pull the fuel tank just put in a single pump in the tank guys here know what you need to do to make the upgrade.

junkfixr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
got power

key on , f.p.(vip) connector jumpered to ground. I hear the relay click and I have 12v at the inertia switch. Does this indicate that the relay IS good ? If so, it's time to drop the tank ? No chance it's the high pressure pump ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals