• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Double-Cardan DS into 98+ ford ranger

livetoride21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hi all, I'm picking up a 2007 ford ranger this week that has a cracked transfer-case.
I will be replacing the transfer case (BW1354) with a new used unit, and being that I'm planning on installing a 4" lift on this truck in the future, I'm wondering if I could just install the 97 and earlier BW1354 with the double cardan front driveshaft?
Would this be a bolt in affair?

Anyone here ever went down this road?

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
You would have to get like you said a 97 and older t case. I don’t think the plugs or the way the electric motor works is any different between the years (someone else chime in here). As far as the front driveshaft, get a 95-96 explorer driveshaft and it’ll bolt right up. Reason for a 95-96 explorer is because it’s IFS and also uses a double cardan joint. Rear driveline bolts right up, and the t case bolts the trans no problem.

If you were to get a manual shift t case then there a couple things you’d need to do, let us know if that’s the route your taking or not.

I went down this road with my 99 ranger only using a manual shift t case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals