• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shift Linkage Replacement Parts

jfettig08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 5 speed 1990 Ford Ranger XLT. I believe it has a Borg Warner 1350 Transfer Case. I have a manual 4x4 shift linkage. I believe I am missing a bushing at the end of my shift linkage which does not allow the linkage to connect to the transfer case, meaning I am not able to shift into 4 hi or low. I have not been able to find an OEM shift linkage or aftermarket parts to replace it. Does anyone know where I can find something to fix/replace/upgrade my shift linkange (without going to electronic) or can point me in the right direction?

I have pictures of my shift linkage and will upload them shortly.

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
Only thing I can think of personally is just heading to the junkyard and yanking one off a rig there. You might be able to make one out of a piece of thick piece brass or something with some careful grinding. Or even a piece of thick plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
Yes there is a round bushing with a square cut into the inside that rides in the slot of the fork. I tried to find one and couldnt. Ford dealer couldnt get it anymore. The ones i found in the jy are brittle and cracked. We machined one out of aluminum. If you pm me ur email i can send pics.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Go to dealership, have them look it up for an 05 Ranger, FX2. It will not show up looking for the older trucks, but it is still the same part.

I haven't had to buy one for a couple years now, but last time I did they were still readily available, and cheap. Less than $10.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals