• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Check engine light code 115???

jonathan62019

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i ran codes because i get a CEL about 2 minutes into driving goes away every time i shut truck off than back after driving another 2 minutes. anyways.

i did a Key on engine off code test. here is a link to my video so you guys can see what im reading looks likes

i could be reading them wrong i have bad eyes 0,o

i know 111 is system ok

NO CLUE what 115 is.

16 is idle too low? do i just adjust screw? or what it does idle at around 550 rpms when warm.

here is video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYcE_YdCRjI&feature=youtu.be

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

What engine is it?

1991 may still use 2 digit codes, so.......

2 digit Codes here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/2digitcodes.shtml

Fuel injection systems use a TPS(throttle position sensor), it tells computer what position your foot is at on the gas pedal.
If you find where the throttle cable attaches to the intake manifold, then look on the opposite side you will see the TPS, 3 wires.

You can test it with volt meter, but just try unplugging it and then plugging it back in, to clean connections

The idle is set using the IAC(idle air control) Valve, it will be near TPS, some times on same side, but can be on opposite side.
Knowing what engine you have would be helpful.
Computer set idle by opening and closing IAC Valve, if it gets dirty then it can stick, but easy to clean.

Last edited:

jonathan62019

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
oops

i could of swore i put 2.3 in there sorry about that. did you watch the video?

ill mess with the tps tomorrow. i did not notify me that you replied so sorry for late response!

jonathan62019

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
okok

so i found my actual obd1 reader it it showed 11 12 15.. thats it. cleared it all and drove it around and did koeo test again and all clear. would just go 11 10 11 10. i did the KOER test and getting EGR code. not worried about that it has a delete. but then i found 2 wires cut and one of them has power going to it with key on....... but i have ZERO ideas where it goes. here is a picture. of it

orange wire with white stripe the second wire in there was just a wire was not any coating on it. ( no clue ) right above the steering knuckle.

Attachments

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
At the top of this page just below main banner is a Link Bar

Click on Tech Articles

You will go here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.shtml
Good page to bookmark

Scroll down and on the right you will see Electrical Diagrams, click on it
Then click on Wiring Defined By Color & Diagrams (1983-1991)

I only see one Orange/White stripe wire(O/W) mentioned, but it would be for 4X4 and should be in the harness with other transfer case control wires.
So not sure what that wire is for, there are several Orange/light blue(light green) wires mentioned

I assume it is on the frame/body so not engine wiring, like an oil lever sensor

Last edited:

jonathan62019

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
okok

Guess it goes to the crank sensor. The plugin to the senaor has another wire with a square connector coming off of it. It is gone. No clue what role it has to play with the crank sensor. I will hit up the junk yard and find the connectors i need! Thank you everyone.

Attachments

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wouldn't be Crank sensor, 1991 2.3l wouldn't start if all wires were not connected.

Distributorless engines use a Crank Position(CKP) sensor to time spark and fuel injection, so if CKP sensor is not working then engine can not start, no spark and no fuel.

1991 to 1994 2.3l didn't use Cam Position sensor, except in Calif.

jonathan62019

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
here

see the single wire plug coming off of there with the rectangle connector. that is the one not hooked up. both male and female plugs are missing. i have no clue what that one wire is for haha if anyone knows that would be some nice information. but either way im going to get the connectors hopefully tomorrow and hook it up.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals