• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

off road?

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
so i have a 2wd xlt and me and a buddy wanna do some light to medium off roading. you know just get all nice and muddy. any who, what would be a good tire to run on stock 15x7 rims? and also, are there any areas in toronto area we can go? or are we just gona have to find a field. lol

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Get some 31x10.5 mud tires of any sort ( assuming they fit) and keep the pedal to the metal

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
A locking differential or limited slip differential will do wonders also. A simple locker will only cost about $300 and is pretty simple to install also.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Get a locker and put some 31" mud tires on the back for traction. I'd have them on an extra set of rims (like some steel rims) that way you don't have to listen to them hum when you're not using the truck for play (and muds wear out faster than less aggressive tires). The more aggressive the rear tire, the better (Super Swamper Boggers will get you places!)

There are some ORV parks around the country but we're starting to lose a lot of them partly because of people who will go tear up a farmer's field or people who throw trash everywhere.

The other option for playing around offroading is the one I originally took. That was to look around and pick up a cheap Bronco II to play with. Parts are cheap and plentiful for them and they're easy to learn to work on your own stuff an build up. My lifted choptop has a total of about $1,650 invested in it right now including what I paid for the truck. By having a cheap playtoy with 4x4, you can go out and have fun on a weekend and if you break something, you still have a truck to get to work on Monday with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals