• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

turbo build

eliaslear

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2.9 in my 89 bronco ii. i have a small t3/t4 turbo i'll be setting at 4-5 pounds. i've done many turbo setups on hondas and nissans. both of which i can chip the ecu and tune accordingly with timing/fuel maps based on injector size.

i've heard of mustang owners chipping the eec-iv systems and being able to build maps easily. i would like to get into this into the future. any recommendations or insight on that would be great. maybe a site dedicated to chipping these. maybe even a few basemaps (although i doubt anyone would want to turbo a 2.9).

until i get to the point of chipping and building a map i would like to look into running an fmu or rrfpr for now. i have a walbro 255 that will go in when i do this. since i'm going with such a strong pump i would like to use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. i have not been able to find a "regulator cap type" with screw and spring like i've used on imports. i have seen a ton of fuel rail adapters for v8 fuel rails. some look like they would work on the 2.9 rail and some don't (too long, mounts too far apart, etc). i don't want to go buying a bunch and testing. does anyone have a manufacturer or part number i can use to find one with. as in push the adapter in with two bolt holes and run a hose from it to the external fpr.

next question is which injectors. ive used fmus on many stock injectors and as i understand the stock 2.9 injectors are 14lb. these are original and old and not very capable of handling much more pressure. i've seen people go with 19lb injectors and say it works great just n/a. i'm assuming these have the same spray pattern and impedance. and i will have the adjustable fpr to slightly lower it to get 14.7 afr at idle/cruise. any suggestion on the fuel pressure with 19lb injectors? are 19lbs injectors a good size for me to use? which ratio disc should i go with for the 19lb injectors in the fmu?

eliaslear

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
it's hard to believe nobody has any input or thoughts on this. not even a "USE SEARCH". i've decided to use a BEGi adjustable rrfpr so i don't have to guess which disc to use, or randomly buy to swap in an fmu. i also am going to use a 190 walbro instead.

i still need to know where i can buy a fuel rail adapter to use an adjustable fpr to set base pressure. and of course still which size injectors you guys could recommend. so far i'm just going with 19lbs for the small 4-5 psi on the t4 turbo, i figure those will keep me within horsepower range without running over duty. are the 19lb injectors from a mustang the same impedance? if not could you recommend a vehicle to pull from so i don't have to run resistors? also, can anyone tell me what pressure the stock bii 2.9 map sensor is good til? i'm guessing it's at least a 1 bar...

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
lots of thoughts but no answers.I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals