• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercharger kits

cheeze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Guys, asking for a little insight here. Here within the next month or two I am gonna put a M90 supercharger on my '02 sport trac. What are your suggestions. Go with the banshee kit or the moddbox? The moddbox looks a little better made but is it worth the price difference?

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think both kits are good kits from what I've read. Id go modbox personally

01RangerEdge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Modbox looks pretty solid, seems like they're holding it back though. It can make more power than that

cheeze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The only real issue I don't like with the moddbox kit (other than the price) is that their pulley adapters only run you at 3.5 psi or I can pay an extra $150 for a 5.5 psi pulley. I know the stock pulley on the Supercoupes pushes about 8-10 psi. I know that this is a different motor and all but why hold it back? I am sure I can run the stock SC pulley, but the kit wasn't designed for it, I am just trying to figure out why. Unless its due to the fact that it is not an intercooled system.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

01RangerEdge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just read their latest response in another thread and they are working on the 8 psi kit now.

The lower psi kits are for a "safer" setup

cheeze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
8 psi would be nice. Hopefully it will come out soon. I still am not sure if the kit is worth the added ~$450 as opposed to the banshee kit

moddbox

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thought we should chime in :)

We "held back" some boost cause we know lots of people don't want to go through the trouble of doing custom tuning etc. So we provide a 100% bolt on kit that makes +50hp & 51lbft at the wheels... no tuning required. Keep in mind that our kit comes with pulleys that actually fit your belt in addition to the inclusion of a 255lph fuel pump, intake kit, and ALL the pieces you need. No running to the hardware store to buy wire, hose, etc... not countless other modification you might make. All things considered, our sale price (often goes on sale for $2000 if you wait) is actually cheaper than the other kit if you bought the pump, intake, etc (which you probably will).

We also support our product with various add-on products. We will have our intercooler kit, 8psi kit, and other accessories for this product available soon.

Hope that helps comparing apples to apples.

Last edited:

cheeze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Moddbox. When do you expect the intercooler kit to become available? I just purchased your supercharger kit today. Wouldn't hurt to put my truck under the knife only once and not have to take it apart when the intercooler becomes available.

RANGERBRAZIL

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Santa Vitoria do Palmar-Rio Grande do Sul-Brazil
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger stx
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
11" lift
Tire Size
37x14.5x15 maxxis creepy crawler
My credo
Catolic
help

ModBox ... when you have a complete kit for the 4.0 ohv for a 8lbs?
eaton m90 have the tbird 1995 (square in) ... but I would get a kit to not have to break both the head!
Here in Brazil anybody know this engine 4.0 ohv!
if I had a ready kit, would at home ... thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals