• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercharged 3.0L

wjtkb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone, Alright to start off yes I know what everyone is going to say so lets get it out of the way, 2.3l turbo, 5.0, just do a motor swap. Even tho I would not mind to do a 5.0 swap or something, I want something a little different. This is not a 4x4 or anything special, just my daily driver. For anyone who has already done this conversion, what were the biggest issues, or hardest to find parts? I found the adapter kit through Morana. I'm looking at the M112 kit, and plan on only running MAX of 5lbs of boost. I plan on upgrading the connecting rod bolts as well as some good head bolts or studs. What should my biggest concern be? I'm open to all thoughts or opinions.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK, start with - M112 is major overkill - its designed for moderate boost (10psi) on a 5.0 Yes, there are kits for it, but that is based more on availability than practicality. At 5psi, you might be losing more power to driving the blower than you are getting back. :(

Better choices for a blower, in ascending order are M90 (T-Bird <3.8>), M62 (Nissan <3.3>) and M45 (Chevrolet Cobalt <2.0>) based on your 5psi limit.

3.slo is notorious for pre-ignition stock; adding boost only accentuates the issue.

Hardest thing on connecting rods is rpms - the pulling down after TDC on intake, so boost is actually easier on them (in theory, you can reduce revs as boost replaces need for high rpm).

I got a long ways into a Nissan 3.3 blower set up when my company closed our prototype shop, so I never finished (getting a 5.0 for $600 didn't help either).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals