• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

prymetime1

Reaction score
I'll look at my starter solenoid wiring tomorrow for you . I had the same problem for like a day til I trace the circuit out . And powerprobed a few wires while turning the ignition Switch

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]
Thanks broskie!!! Much appreciated.
Worst case, I can look at my dad's truck n see what I missed.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
So I took a quick look . My starter solenoid wire is a red/blue wire in the middle of the grey 16 pin connector .

prymetime1

Reaction score
So this weekend was slow but good. I made pregross in a few areas.

I was not able to trace back my starter wire. Spent some time on it and decided to move fwd with other shit since it felt like a lost cause.

I ended up getting my alternator n power steering on. The power steering is super close to the frame and steering box. I may opt for a different mount to move it up, later down the road. I need to order the 1969 mustang high pressure hose to complete that. I got the belts all set.

That let me see where I needed to run the oil relocation lines n mount. So I did.
I put it on the passenger side frame under the alternator. I had to make a template for the mount and lower the sway bar to get room to drill.
Here's how it looks :

From there I moved fwd with wiring in the fuel pump. Pretty straight fwd here and the kit from summit, although alil pricey was a breeze.

I also got the fan all wired in. I just need to wire the thermostat in the manifold.

I also picked up new cables n ish to finish my starter install n wiring. It's going to be on a push button. I also wired up a fuse panel that will be switched on from inside the cab. That's my "accessory" power for any auxiliary wiring. Simple and clean and makes for adding anything down the road very easy.

Starting to look like something.

It's about ready to be off the jack stands. :)

Still need to pick up a few misc items but I am thinking next weekend to fire it up.

Still to do:
Finish wiring. Starter/coil / alternator
Adjust shifter linkage
Run trans cooler lines & mount cooler.
Install carb and finish plumbing fuel pressure guage and line.
Figure out throttle linkage.
Install power steering hose.
Install gauges. Water/oil/batt
Hope n pray it starts
[emoji469]

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Man sorry I couldn't help out with my starter info . Maybe I missed something [emoji848] . Looking good . I like where you mounted your filter . I forgot your not running a expo fead setup . The pump gets raise up higher . And since no ac it leaves room over there . Maybe a swap for you down the road . Can't what to see your bay finish man , really [emoji106]? keep up the work and post your starter setup . What kinda starter you using ?

prymetime1

Reaction score
@atx, bud ur explanation was right on... I just said f it and moved on. I really do appreciate the advice tho. I am pretty sure I cut that wire out anyways so instead killing myself n wasting more time my simple solution is the push botton. Haha.
This is just phase I of the build so I can get wheels down n running. I'll be addressing tons of stuff in spring time ( suspension, rear, rust removal, body work & interior)
I may come back n get the iginition fixed up then.

On another note. After looking at thr 69 stang radiator, my pops thinks it'll work with some trimming. I planned on it cutting ish out anyways so I will hold off on ordering that up until we see how this works n fits.

Oh, I sold some parts too. It's nice recouping some money on parts I can't use :)

I'll have more updates later on...hopefully....playing hookie

prymetime1

Reaction score
So back at it today. I worked from home so I could get things done for work and on the truck. Thank god its a slower season for me right now.

I picked up additional fittings that I needed to finish the fuel system. I needed a fuel pressure guage in there so I got that all set.

I picked up the trans cooler fittings also and got to mounting that. I snugged it down in front of the radiator and ran the lines away from the headers. All set to go on that aspect. Just need to fill it with fluid.

I trimmed the plastic pc that goes in front to clean ish up:

Back for fitting:

From there I finished wiring my starter and my aux panel. Should be all set now for cranking over. All thick gauge wire.

Still a few things to wrap up but I'm pretty happy with this weekends results.

Still have to adjust my trans linkage and set up the carb. I also need to get the hoses situated for the cooling and install the gauges.
Oh, and order my the power steering hose.
I think that's it till next weekend.

Ono

prymetime1

Reaction score
Ok so a quick no pictures update. I got to working on the truck for a few hours today. It was decent but chilly. Good enough to make alil progress.

1. I got the carb set, throttle linkage set, fuel lines set and bought a new ford racing air cleaner that needed to be notched to clear the fuel line. Done deal

2. Got all my wiring done. I did the fan override switch so I could turn the e fan on whenever. I got the coil wired up and ready.

I did receive the power steering hose but it needs to be refitted with a new lower fitting into the steering box. I'll try n get that done locally tomorrow.

I used the old mustang upper radiator hose along with a spliced combo for the lower. It didn't leak once I added coolant so hoping this works. The combo is just a small sleeve of the old ranger lower hose, coupling the old mustang lower hose. It felt tight n seems to hold but we'll see when it's pressurized.

From there I did a quick systems test and everything worked. I filled fluids accordingly.
Then me and popadukes decided to see if it'll fire. So, systems on, hit my button n it turns over. No fuel pressure....chase this down quick and come to find I'm still alil retarded and have my fuel pump lines reversed...I should have looked alil harder when I installed the b on the Frame rail and ran the lines. So it got dark n cold and I cleaned up and I'll stab at it tomorrow again.

So good news is, that light at the end of the tunnel is brighter...we are closer....so that's all dandy. I still have a shit load to do Tho. Between cleaning wiring up, mounting gauges and finishing up my shifter linkage along with some little odd n ends there's still time before it's wheels down.
Was too busy hustling around today for pics but I'll snap some tomorrow.
I'll end with this....the lil starter fuild that went down for a quick 5 second idle, it sounded beasty. Very stoked to have it fire up tomorrow.

Ono

prymetime1

Reaction score
Update...sorta....
Fixed fuel pump,shits pumping plenty now. Fixed the leaks....yup, ish needed tightening.
Switched trans cooler lines, had them swapped for in and out on the cooler.
Went over systems and cleared ish.
Go to crank and it wants to fire up but won't.
So now we chasing down electrical.
May just have my coil wired wrong or it may be bad. Ran out of time today. I'll get a new one and wire that b in there Tuesday. Wish me luck, the delux has been fighting back alil lately. :/

Ono

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Man coming along . Be cool to hear it run by thanksgiving . I see you started to mod the blower motor box .

prymetime1

Reaction score
Picked up a new msd blaster 2 coil today and 90 fitting to clean my gas line to carb up.
Also, according to msd, I need to wire my coil to switched 12v. I had power going to it from my starter solinoid "i" post. Guess that is for a stock system.
I'm going to wire it from my aux panel that is on a switch. Should give the coil the 12v it needs and let it stay at an idle.....I hope.
Shooting for Wednesday to get back on it.
Ono

prymetime1

Reaction score
Today was a good day...got the lil b running!!!! Woohoo! So I went and rewired my original coil to 12v, got plenty of juice now. Had to adjust some settings and vacume but got it sorted n heard it run for the first time. Uploading a vid now so maybe I can toss it in here for your viewing pleasure.
Super excited tho.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
**** yea man [emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals