• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Put on a pair of fogs today

2.9XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
i woulda left them that way pp believe that there 25 years old but wither way would look good. u have any night pics?
No night pics yet, but here they are on.

I cleaned off what was left of the paint on the covers, and now they have ghost logos lol. I'll repaint them later, but this'll work for now.

machine090767

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 Triton V8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Perfection is worth the wait
those lights are over 30 years old. i was a huge Bosch lighting fan back when i first started driving back in 1983. my brother had a set like that on his car back in the late '70's

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks good man! Can't beat the old lights! I've got a set of 6.5in stainless steel hellas that are around 30 years old... Dad and his brother had 4 of em on their VW Rabbit. Had to upgrade the alternator just to run em! :icon_thumby:

One of em got smashed, so only 3 survive to today, but I put 100w bulbs in two of em and run them on the front of my dads truck now! They look good even after 30 years! The covers for them are long gone though.

MagnaV30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, they do use H3 bulbs so they may be a little newer than 25. I have a set of Marchals that use H2 bulbs, and it's hard to find bulbs for those.
My driving lamps run 100W H2... I usually have to order the bulbs in and wait a week.... *Sigh*

Original Poster: Not so sure about your mounting location for that switch...
Not exactly the easiest to get to in the dark, and there is a possibility of "Stuff" in your glovebox triggering it as you wander down the road...

I have mine wired into a push/pull switch on a custom centre console. Also made all of my aux lighting ignition controlled so I dont have to worry about draining my battery by leaving them on.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Original Poster: Not so sure about your mounting location for that switch...
Not exactly the easiest to get to in the dark, and there is a possibility of "Stuff" in your glovebox triggering it as you wander down the road...
He's right... While it does look cleaner not having switches everywhere in your truck, the possibility of them coming on and staying on during the day when you wouldn't notice them is high.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Very clean, looks good man.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals