• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I'm back, or I guess you can say that....

2000sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I used to frequent another forum back in the day, can't remember the name off hand right now. Oh yeah, Ranger Power Sports. I started my driving career in 1996. It was a 1992 regular cab ranger with the 2.3L and 5 speed. I later got me a '96 extended cab, then finally I splurged and bought an almost 2 year old new holdover in '01, a bright red '00 4x4 ranger sport exteneded cab. I drove it for a while, ended up trading up to an '02 F-150, then an '04 F-150, in the mean time owning a red '91 mustang gt, but it got totaled. I later sold the '04 f-150, it was too hard to get a baby in the back seat (extended cab) at the time and bought a low mileage '02 Mountaineer. Wife also had and '08 Escape at the time. I then traded the Mountaineer in on an '05 Expedition, and the '08 Escape on a '10 Edge. The Expedition is nice and all, but it gets about 14mpg down hill, most of the time its trips by myself, or running my 2 kids to town. Thinking if the new ranger pans out at 25-30 mpgs, and the price is 10K-12K cheaper than a new F-150, and theirs enough room in the rear seat of an SCrew, it may be my next truck in the near future. I hope to see some familiar faces around here. It's probably been 10-15 years since I've been on a ranger site. I thought maybe I was already registered here, but I guess not.

rob99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey I was onboard there also a long time ago, haven't been active to much on another Ranger board I belong, still have my '02 and found the new '19 interesting so I'll be back lurking around getting re-educated about the new gen Ranger :icon_thumby:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Hey welcome! We had to recreate our forum in 2007, so who knows, maybe you were on the last one.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
yeah, looking forward to the new ranger.....teething pains and all.

I really liked the ecoboost edge we had.....got a brand new explorer now...

if it didn't run on e-85 I would be hating it.

I hope the ranger keeps 20 or so city driving.

2000sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey welcome! We had to recreate our forum in 2007, so who knows, maybe you were on the last one.
I probably was, I sold my '00 Ranger around '04 or '05 when I bought an '02 F-150. I think I was on about every ranger forum at the time.

2000sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, looking forward to the new ranger.....teething pains and all.

I really liked the ecoboost edge we had.....got a brand new explorer now...

if it didn't run on e-85 I would be hating it.

I hope the ranger keeps 20 or so city driving.
Wife's got a '10 Edge. Non ecoboost, it has the 3.5L. I'm going to be due to get rid of my Expedition at about years end, it's getting a ton of miles on it. If the ranger will have as much room in the back seat as my wife's Edge, I'll probably be interested. I have a 4 and 8 year old I have to tote around from time to time, but mostly I just need a vehicle that gets me 10 miles to town and back. The expedition is a gas hog. I'm hoping the new rangers will get around 25 mpg. If they do, I may wait till they come out before making my trade.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals