• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bad O2 and weird oil leak?

Bacon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. '07 STX 3.0L V6 MT. Only 49000 KMs (~30k miles. Yea its low.)

CEL came on a couple days ago, began blinking at me shortly after. Truck has a bit of a shudder at idle and low rpms, slight loss in power but not hugely significant. Exhaust fumes appear to pulse out (think blowing smoke rings) rather than flow freely. Pulled a P0134 code - bad bank 1 o2 sensor. Ok, easy enough right?

Problem is I wont have a chance to get to it for at least a couple days, longer if the part needs to be ordered. I have plenty of places to go over the next few days with it being Xmas and all. Nothing should be longer than a 30 minute trip each way. Think its safe to drive it in the short term? Or am i destined to ride the bus? I'd rather not melt my cat converter...

Futhermore, found an oil leak right by the coil pack. No oil whatsoever below. Seems like a pretty strange spot for a leak to me and has me wondering if that might be partially to blame for the missing as well. Terrible picture but you get the idea. Any thoughts? I know how to turn a wrench and look stuff up on google but am not overly mech-savvy otherwise, so small words are best. ;)

First time poster... nice little site you guys have here. Cheers

Last edited:

next657

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Transmission
Automatic
Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals