• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wierd Headlight Issue

94ugaranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, i got a interesting problem. When on lowbeams both headlights work but when i switch to highbeams only the left side(if looking at the front of the truck) works. I know there is only one bulb because i put silverstars in bout a year ago so im assuming its an electrical problem. Any guesses?

Crane

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Do you still have your original bulbs?
If you do, I would try putting that one in (or a bulb that you know the high filament works on) and see if that fixes it, since they are double filament bulbs and one could have burnt out/broken with the other one still working

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'll bet it's just the filament. I have never experienced both filaments burning out in the same bulb at the same time, it's either been one or the other (high or low beam). The fact the low beam works fine ought to rule out anything electrical. Most likely you just need a new bulb.

94ugaranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the help ya'll. That was the problem. Just had to dump 35 bucks on a new silverstar bulb though lol.

Crane

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the help ya'll. That was the problem. Just had to dump 35 bucks on a new silverstar bulb though lol.
If one burns out again, I'd go ebay. I got a 2 pack of 9007 silverstars for around $15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals