• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to Ford, questions.

Manger_95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, first off I'm new to this site and new to Ford. I'm a Mopar guy at heart but I couldn't pass up the deal on this little B2300, nicknamed Manger. I've fallen in love with this little truck though if my grandpa found out I love a Ford he'd disown me lol but anyways I've only had it about a week and has a couple little things I can't figure out. First off its a 95 with the 2.3l fuel injected, 5 speed 2WD 191,000 miles. So when I'm coming to a stop sign, I put it in neutral and coast, while it's coasting it stays at 1600-1800 rpms, only drops when the truck has stopped, then idles at about 1000-1100. Every now and then it drops to 900 rpms and runs kinda rough. Is this normal? I was thinking maybe needs new TPS but idk. Runs like an absolute dream when I'm driving around though.

Attachments

B4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Nice little truck! As for the rpm issue... Maybe a problem with the MAF? I know a dirty MAF sensor - plus most of the other maintenance items (plugs, wires, etc.) will affect idling conditions.

95MEXIFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Might wanna check the throttle cable at the return spring also. On my 94 and 96 rangers , it would get hung up sometimes. But its nothin a pair of pliers and WD-40 cant fix...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals