• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

corrond56's build thread

corrond56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I am finally getting around to putting up a build thread for my truck. Everything on it so far is complete and it is drivable. This is basically just a picture overivew :icon_thumby:

Start out with a basically stock picture, or as stock as I have.

I only had a few mods in this picture on the exterior. The interior already had some work done. Here's a picture or two of what it looks like.

this picture is right after I put them in so all the wrinkles have stretched out now and the seats are nice and smooth

making the back wall:

I don't have any progress pics of the seats.

I also switched out my dash lights to blue. I just recently switched them out again to white but I don't have any pics yet. Here are the blue pics:
before:

After:

This winter I did a complete conversion to power windows, locks, mirrors, and keyless entry when the heater core went. While I was at it I also put in black carpet, wired in a cargo light, and Rattle Trap throughout the entire cab. Here are a few pics of that.

ok, now for a brief overview of the outside. I will just put up a timeline of pics for this.

Then came the lift. It is lifted with a 3" block, Belltech shackles, and Doestech spindles. Tires are Eagle Alloy 1402 series and tires are 285/70/17 (I think) Hankook Dynapro MT's.

my most recent modification is the 31 spline 8.8 swap with disc brakes, Ford Racing 4.56:1 gears, TA differential girdle, and an auburn e-locker. When I bought the axle it had drum brakes but I yanked a disc brake assembly from one in a yard and put them on. I also had to have new spring perches welded on for the spring over since it was from an explorer and I had to weld on new shock tabs. New alloy brake lines were put on so they will never rust along with new rubber lines. Everything was done myself except for the welding, gear setup, and powder coating. I am currently needing a new parking brake setup since for some reason the explorer line on the driver side is too short. I found a company online that can make me a custom cable based off of a picture but I have yet to send them one it so they can get started. madisonpowersystems.com is the address

not totally sanded but close

[/IMG]

and as she sits today.

This was kind of rushed since I am doing it at work on my lunch break which is now over. If you want any info or additional pics just let me know and I will put some up!

Last edited:

corrond56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
forgot one pic haha

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
looks good!

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
check out the TOTM thread :icon_cheers:

wookie13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 TRITON V-8
Transmission
Automatic
Looks Good!! Are you gonna keep it 2wd or eventually switch it to a 4x4? I LOVE THE SUB BOX!!:headbang: Was it pretty easy to swtich your dash lighting to blue/white? I have an 02 F150 and was thinking of doing the same mod to my 150 except I dont know how to change the automatic HVAC controls {I have the digital ones}

I would like some pics of the new power doors and completed interior!!

corrond56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks josh!

it was relatively easy to switch the gauges. all the needles had to be pulled off and then the gauge faces pulled off and the green scratched off. after that it is just twisting in new led's from superbrightleds.com getting the needles back in proper alignment is kinda tricky. as far as the digital ones go I can't help you there. you may have to take it to an electronic shop and have them change out the surface mount leds on the circuit board.

and eventually I would like to have a solid axle in the front with an e-locker and possibly run 35s and switch out the 3.0 for a 5.0 or bigger but who knows

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
i saw somethin on this awhile ago and it looks good. it is easyish to convert your truck to 4wd with the edge its just a 4x4 with no front diff. anyways have fun with it and i like it

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
man this is an awesome build!
i really like what u did with your truck.

have u tested it going off road with the locker?

thats what im planning to do on mine in the future.

corrond56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I posted up a brief story about just going through the ditch at home. My ditch has never been graded so it is really rough and washed out. I didn't make it through it unlocked and it was stuck so I locked it and almost made it up and over the culvert pipe but just as she started to climb it broke loose again but I was able to back out with the locker engaged. Right now I am living an hour and a half away from home working at a summer camp so I haven't had a chance to do much with it. I just finished the 8.8 swap the day before I came here in May. We were going to go to Uwharrie National forest and go offroading but we didn't have time. All of my friends have jeeps and broncos. I went along with them and it seemed like everywhere they went mine should have with the locker in it. When I get home I am definitely going to take it there and try it out more!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals