• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

superrunner steering install

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Super excited. Got the superrunner steering for 250 brand new and everything looks pretty straightforward. Attempting to install idler bracket and two transmission lines are right in the way. Cannot for the life of me get the bracket in place. Both lines are metal, I even under secured them so I could move them around. I don't really want to reroute them, nor do I know how to reroute them. Any ideas? Auto tranny fyi.

Attachments

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
F*** it. I'll get the bracket in and then figure out if I need to reroute the lines. Can the metal lines really not touch any other metal? Can I just wrap them with something instead?

Attachments

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody have tips on removing the y link steering. Tierod ends are being stubborn.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Gotta love learning new things. Turned the castle nut upside down and hit it with the hammer that way. Popped right off! In business again, woo hoo!

Attachments

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
So stalled out. Kit came with the wrong size bolts. Came with 5/8 and suppose to be 9/16. Have to call superrunner and see what's up. Still open to ideas on how to reroute and or reform those metal transmission lines.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Gotta love learning new things. Turned the castle nut upside down and hit it with the hammer that way. Popped right off! In business again, woo hoo!
:icon_thumby:

I would disconnect the tranny lines and use a bender to reroute as needed. You could probably get a bender from harbor fright for under $20.00.

Richard

Last edited:

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
I just installed the same deal a couple weeks ago. Had to get a couple 9/16 grade8 bolts and lock nuts at Lowe's .
How do the tierods fit on your truck? On mine the driver side seems like it could be a little to short.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Checked home depot and Lowe's and no luck on 9/16 bolts. Was also missing 2 grease nipples for the idler arm. Guess my kit was really jacked up lol. Got the parts coming now, just waiting on the mail. Haven't installed anything else yet. When the parts come in will finish it up quick and post up. Also messing with the transmission lines trying to figure out how I want to do it.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
Sounds like we got the same kit! Lol
Check the holes in the idler arm they probably aren't threaded.
I was somewhat disappointed with the kit when I noticed the problems, but the end result is pretty good.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Yep, none of the holes were threaded for the nipples. I would have been more disappointed if I had got one when they were priced at 500. But almost half off now, can't complain too much. Will eventually get modified for more strength down the line.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
Did you get it finished? I'm interested in how the tierods ended up fitting.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I actually have not. I got the parts in and assembled everything. All I have left is installing the Tierods in. I've been preoccupied as my mother got sick this last week and was in the hospital. I plan to try and finish it up this week or weekend. I'll post up when I get it complete. It's not my DD thankfully lol.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Finally installed! Haven't aligned it yet and already drives better than the y link did aligned. Never could get the y link straight after the lift, even with a drop arm. Superrunner steering is pretty much flat. Tierods fit fine, no issues. Although the instructions with the kit said to install the Tierods upside down. Looked at pictures of other people with the kit and all were installed on top, like the y link was orginally. Flipped them around and they dropped right in. I did have to reroute my transmission lines slightly for clearance. Other than that no other rubbing issues.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
You could, if necessary, also split the lines and install a rubber fuel hose or similar over the intended area...I actually ran a Suzuki Sidekick all winter a few years ago using rubber coupling hoses (joined them together with rubber hose) and didn't have any issues with the pressure bursting the lines...

Not sure if transmission fluid rots rubber hoses, but that would be my only concern as long as the pressure was low enough.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Thx for the idea. Thankfully it wasn't too hard to reroute the metal lines. Just moved them so they weren't touching anything else. Was frustrated at first, but was easier than I expected.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals