• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2004 mustang.

Edgefevah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Will bucket seats from a 2004 mustang fit in a regular cab ranger?

bf750

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2. Crap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33 1250 15
My credo
It is what it is
with a little work

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Most seats can be made to fit (as above, with bit of work) but you can cut some of the guesswork by simply measuring your seats...and either writing it down or committing to memory...

An even better way is to remove your driver or passenger seat, then remove the seat from the rails...then measure the rails after reinstalling them...this gives you an idea how wide of a seat you need...you can also simply measure the rails while mounted on the seat, but you will most likely have to remove the rails at some point anyway...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you are short and skinny maybe.

The backs are really thick and will push it closer to the steering wheel. I have tried Explorer buckets and EB BII buckets and am giving up on the bucket seat venture. At 6'-3" my truck is borderline claustrophobic with a winter coat on. Mustang seats are thicker yet and have the big pillow headrest.

My knees are 2" from the dash and the steering wheel drags on my coat... plain and simple not enough room. The bench was like driving any other vehicle.

Last edited:

Maggie may

Reaction score
I used Honda crx seats. They are comfortable and really installed easy don't the ranger seat rails.

Maggie may

Reaction score
I had to add a small bracket on 1 corner and drill/cut a slot on the Mount for the front bolt.

Maggie may

Reaction score
My guy is really big and most seats don't slide far enough back, so the way I solved this was to get a second set of seat rails. I bolted them to the seat mounts on the seat slide, so when the seat is all the way back and it needs to go a bit further it can because the travel has doubled.

Maggie may

Reaction score
This was the trial install, after driving around for a few months I have decided that we will keep 2 seat slides installed. There is one tiny modification I feel is needed . the 2tracks need to be welded together.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I had the same problem with seats...I'm only 6'5" and slim...the problem was getting them back far enough...the Ranger seats are pretty good for my height, but I had to change one set of seats (driver side, anyway) and what I did was simply move the seat back on the rails...had to drill some holes in the rails but it worked out very good on that vehicle...I was going to do that with my Ranger after I finished everything else because there is still room for room...with an extended cab, that is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals